need custody advice on dead beat dad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need custody advice on dead beat dad

I am a first time mother in ohio. I have a beautiful 7 wk old baby girl. Her father left me when he found out i was pregnant and has never bought or done anything for the baby -while i was pregnant and now that the baby is here. he has no car or license, no cell or home phone, works under the table, has only a 1 bdrm appt. and has another baby he pays no child support for or sees and a 3rd baby due in december. he doesnt even call to check on our daughter. I went and filed for child support and our hearing is coming up. Now my question is if he pays child support does that automatically give him the right to visitation with our baby? i was told that if i dont agree to it at our hearing I will still get child support and he wont have visitation rights unless he takes me back to court to fight it -is that true? Please help! This man is bad news and im just finding out the truth about him now.

Under the circumstances, you should be able to get support with sole custody and him no visitation. You may want to consider asking the father to terminate his parental rights if you can afford to make it without the support, because this does not sound like you will ever really get any support anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by cowpats35
      sounds to me like all your doing is beating a dead horse. You should have had more sense than to have a child w/ this loser. Child support laws do not prevent deadbeats they only make them. The bottom line is the only reason they will be sympathetic towards you is because the state doen't want you on welfare. I would Put money on it that this guy will pay you next to nothing if anything at all and in the long run he will end up in jail and wanting revenge, think about it and think about having another child without being in a stable relationship. Sounds like 2 me you better find you a man who will take care of u and ur child and forget about this loser. BY the way I hope you feel proud that your child has a loser 4 father..
      Speaking of beating a dead horse.... do you realize the post is over a year old? If the OP had an additional question, she/he would have asked it long before now.
      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Not to mention that cowpats is one of the "victims" of child support enforcement. 6 months in jail, getting ready to go back because he paid only $55 since he got out and has now resorted to making threats online. Yep, he should know all about losers. He is one.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

Let me guess....

He decided he was above the law and didn't have to support the child because:

a) He only slept with her once,
          b) She should have been better about birth control,
          c) Paying the child support wouldn't allow him the standard of living he wants,
          d) He doesn't believe in the legal system and is willing to move out of the country to avoid it, or
          e) All of the above.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Ding, ding, ding....we have a winner. The correct answer would be "E".
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
            (unique up on him)
            How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
            (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by nikki79 View Post
              and has another baby he pays no child support for or sees and a 3rd baby due in december. he doesnt even call to check on our daughter. I went and filed for child support and our hearing is coming up. Now my question is if he pays child support ...

He won't.

Just sayin.
              Last edited by Stoneygirl76; 10-17-2006, 05:54 PM. Reason: I LOVE these threads!

Comment

Having a CS order in place doesn't autmatically mean the father will get visitation. If he wants visitation, he'll have to petition the courts in a seperate proceeding (some states allow CS and custody/visitation to be handled all at once, some don't - not sure about your state) and be granted visitation. If you don't want that to happen then you ought to file for sole custody and ask that the father not be allowed any visitation. It's really up to the judge whether or not he'll be allowed to visit with the child.

Comment

Originally posted by cowpats35
                  You have four kids and need help raising them. who's Fault is that? your own **** fault the only reason you make the coments you are is because you have immoral vaules and absolutely no family values. Jeff your dumber than a rock you must think your really smart making comments that have no barring on my situation. For your info Iwas w/ her for 5 years before she became a tity dancing coke ***** and I guess thats all my fault 2 because the money I send her goes up her nose??????
                  I think you need to read your own posts.

You dare lecture someone else about family values when you have served time for non payment?

You don't think your ex is a fit mother? Fine, call child services. You didn't do that, though... because you would have then had to care for your offspring... something that would apparently cramp your style.

No "barring" on your situation, huh? How about this for bearing... live up to your obligations.

I would shovel human excrement if it meant my kids get to sleep under a sound roof with warm food in their bellies. You, apparently, wouldn't write a check.

Yeah, your opinion of me is keeping me up at night.

Comment

Let's take this a step back.

This is a forum for legal advice. All you have said since you got here is that people should ignore or circumvent the law. Oh, and some general ranting about your personal situation.

If your ex goes to jail for contempt, then I am just as behind that order as the one that sent you to prison. She is, apparently, no better a partner in the raising of these children than you are.

What you need to get your head around is that you can't fight the system and still demand to profit from it. Pay your bills and insist that your ex live up to her end of the agreement.

But stop posting unfounded legal drivel based upon your anger... this isn't the place.

Comment

Yes... because at the end of the day...while you and the ex are throwing emotional and legal garbage at each other, the kids are suffering.

You don't think they understand all this? How would you feel if the two people you love most in all the world hate each other with a passion that makes the whole Hesbollah/Israel war look like two mules fighting over a turnip?

They are told by each of you that half of their personal DNA doesn't deserve to breathe air.... and you wonder why they are going to grow up conflicted.

Comment

Listen cowpats, every parent who is ordered to pay child support has an equal right to fight for custody of their children. If you don't think the children are being well cared for, or that Mom is spending all the money on drugs and you can do a better job raising the kids then by all means DO IT!! Unless the children are naked, starving and living in a cardboard box then the child support money is going EXACTLY where it is supposed to.

Comment

Working...
                        X