Custodial Parent denying review for child support Virginia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custodial Parent denying review for child support Virginia

I have my brother who was in the Navy for 15 years. He has a son who no longer lives in Virginia, he now lives in PA. My brother is still in Virginia and got a new job where he makes slightly less than in the navy. He recently got divorced and now pays child support for 2 more kids. He has been requesting a review for about 6 months and has told Virginia that the custodial mom lives in PA but doesnt know where, she isnt getting the reviews being sent to her. Virginia says there is nothing they can do, and the custodial mom says she doesnt want to do a review because she knows her child support will lower because of the 2 other kids added for child support from his divorce. I'm not a lawyer, but there has to be something the child support agency can do for him. Even if its by going off of her last income from the last review. Any knowledge or advice is greatly appreciated.

CSA is not going to help him. There is a current court order of support that will not change without a new court order. If Mom is being difficult about being served then he needs to find a way to serve her or see if courts will accept another form of service like mail or publication. He really needs a lawyer
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by mamitalinda View Post
      I have my brother who was in the Navy for 15 years. He has a son who no longer lives in Virginia, he now lives in PA. My brother is still in Virginia and got a new job where he makes slightly less than in the navy. He recently got divorced and now pays child support for 2 more kids. He has been requesting a review for about 6 months and has told Virginia that the custodial mom lives in PA but doesnt know where, she isnt getting the reviews being sent to her. Virginia says there is nothing they can do, and the custodial mom says she doesnt want to do a review because she knows her child support will lower because of the 2 other kids added for child support from his divorce. I'm not a lawyer, but there has to be something the child support agency can do for him. Even if its by going off of her last income from the last review. Any knowledge or advice is greatly appreciated.

...why does Mom think HER support will be lower?

Generally that is NOT the case. The woman he just divorced will get a lower amount, but Mom generally won't be penalized.

Comment

I think it is fair to assume support will lower since my brother makes less than he did 4 years ago when he did his last review her, and now he is supporting two more kids for child support that are now in the system at CSS. So instead of paying child support for one kid, he now pays child support for 3 kids, if he makes less money now, how could it not lower? He pays 900 for his first child, and pays 1200 for the other 2 children a month.. but his gross income is now 2694.40, which doesn't leave enough for even rent. So we all know it has to lower, maybe not a lot, but it's safe to say it will lower, since before he was making around 4k a month.

Comment

Originally posted by mamitalinda View Post
          I think it is fair to assume support will lower since my brother makes less than he did 4 years ago when he did his last review her, and now he is supporting two more kids for child support that are now in the system at CSS. So instead of paying child support for one kid, he now pays child support for 3 kids, if he makes less money now, how could it not lower? He pays 900 for his first child, and pays 1200 for the other 2 children a month.. but his gross income is now 2694.40, which doesn't leave enough for even rent. So we all know it has to lower, maybe not a lot, but it's safe to say it will lower, since before he was making around 4k a month.

Your brother might be in for a nasty surprise.

(As might Mom #2)

Why is he earning less?

Comment

He already did 15 years in the navy and decided to get out. All we can do is hope she changes her mind, and hope for the best. We have an idea of where she works, which is a much better job than she had in virginia. We can only hope for the best. Thank you for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X