keeping custody of my lil brother Florida

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• keeping custody of my lil brother Florida

Before I start writing me and my brother don't have the same mother. My dad had custody of my brother ever since was born his mom was unfit so they took him away. She has a Long list of problems with dcf and I think she has a case open now. My dad pass away last year and now I have custody of my little brother. He is now 13 years old. Now she is trying to get custody of him and take me to court. But I don't feel she is a good parent the children she have now are not well tooken care of I hate to talk about people but they are dirty and just a long list of things I can say thats why I don't want my brother in her care. It just won't feel right he been with me his whole life. What can I do if she gets custody?

Originally posted by kita1778 View Post
    Before I start writing me and my brother don't have the same mother. My dad had custody of my brother ever since was born his mom was unfit so they took him away. She has a Long list of problems with dcf and I think she has a case open now. My dad pass away last year and now I have custody of my little brother. He is now 13 years old. Now she is trying to get custody of him and take me to court. But I don't feel she is a good parent the children she have now are not well tooken care of I hate to talk about people but they are dirty and just a long list of things I can say thats why I don't want my brother in her care. It just won't feel right he been with me his whole life. What can I do if she gets custody?

Before we go further though, how long is it since Mom lost custody? Do you actually know of the details? Why was he removed?

How often has she seen him?

Were her rights actually terminated?

Comment

keeping custody of my little brother-in-law _

When I got custody of him she gave me some papers from when my dad took her to court. This was in year 2000 she took my dad to court and on the document it said child would be in danger if place in her custody and she didn't Finnish her parenting classes. Before my dad pass she didn't really worry about him and she didn't see him that much. Now that my dad passed she come around like once or twice a month.

Comment

She never had custody of him my dad had custody of him since he was born she couldn't even take him from the hospital

Comment

Originally posted by Dogmatique View Post
          Before we go further though, how long is it since Mom lost custody? Do you actually know of the details? Why was he removed?

How often has she seen him?

Were her rights actually terminated?
          He was removed because when she had him she had an open case with dcf I don't what really happen but it had to be bad because it was on the news

Comment

You need to speak with an attorney.

Comment

Working...
            X