X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• emtjenny
    started a topic 17 year old daughter is having a baby Indiana

17 year old daughter is having a baby Indiana

My 17 year old just found out she is pregnant. She is still dating the baby's father. He does not work, although says he is trying to find a job. Whenever he does find one he either quits or gets fired, he is just lazy and doesnt want to work.
    What are our rights on getting support, will the baby have to have his last name?

Thanks

Jenny

• panther10758
    replied
    How old was she when she got pregnant and how old is Father?

Leave a comment:

• cbg
    replied
    I trust that the good Dr. is using "you" in the generic rather than the specific sense, since Jenny, as the baby's grandmother, has no rights whatsoever to make any decisions at all? Including what to name the child?

Leave a comment:

• drruthless
    replied
    Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally posted by emtjenny View Post
    My 17 year old just found out she is pregnant. She is still dating the baby's father. He does not work, although says he is trying to find a job. Whenever he does find one he either quits or gets fired, he is just lazy and doesnt want to work.
    What are our rights on getting support, will the baby have to have his last name?

Thanks

Jenny
    There is no OUR rights. It will be your daughter and the baby's right to support.
    As far as having the fathers last name, it would be helpful in getting that child support you mentioned that he at least be named as the baby's father. After that, you can call the child anything you want.

..______________________
    ~ Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force to some,
    at the expense of others.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X