Changing custody between Indiana and Virginia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing custody between Indiana and Virginia

I live in Indiana, my divorce was finalized, child custody and support all established here. I currently have full custody of our 16 year old son. My son is visiting his father for the summer, and has decided he would like to live full time with him and his step mother in Virginia. All parties are agreeing to this change. My question is, how do we go about changing custody and support between two states? Thank you

Originally posted by stan8235 View Post
    I live in Indiana, my divorce was finalized, child custody and support all established here. I currently have full custody of our 16 year old son. My son is visiting his father for the summer, and has decided he would like to live full time with him and his step mother in Virginia. All parties are agreeing to this change. My question is, how do we go about changing custody and support between two states? Thank you

File a stipulated agreement in the same court where the original order was made.

Comment

Since all parties agree this should be easy. You start process in court that holds jurisdiction which would likely be Indiana
      http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Thank you so much for your help!

Comment

Working...
        X