abandontment? Ohio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abandontment? Ohio

My husband and I have been seperated for 3 years and have 2 daughters. I live in Ohio and have custody, he lives in New York. He sees them maybe once a year. He did not take them this summer, and has only seen them for maybe 24 hours this year. In. 3 years he has called them 5 times.normally if they talk its because the girls want to talk to him and I have to text him before and and wait to see if he answers and okays the call. He does not write or send any cards. And there are times he goes months with out speaking/or seeing them at all. The only reason i get the child support is because it comes out of his check automatically because he failed to report he had a job for almost 5 months and I reported him. I know some Ohio laws state that if there is no attempt at contact for 90 days it is considered abandonment. Does this. Apply here even tho were still technically married, but legally separated? I am currently working on gettung the money saved for my divorce.

What is your goal in this?
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by djlaw View Post
      My husband and I have been seperated for 3 years and have 2 daughters. I live in Ohio and have custody, he lives in New York. He sees them maybe once a year. He did not take them this summer, and has only seen them for maybe 24 hours this year. In. 3 years he has called them 5 times.normally if they talk its because the girls want to talk to him and I have to text him before and and wait to see if he answers and okays the call. He does not write or send any cards. And there are times he goes months with out speaking/or seeing them at all. The only reason i get the child support is because it comes out of his check automatically because he failed to report he had a job for almost 5 months and I reported him. I know some Ohio laws state that if there is no attempt at contact for 90 days it is considered abandonment. Does this. Apply here even tho were still technically married, but legally separated? I am currently working on gettung the money saved for my divorce.

No, this is not abandonment.

You are not understanding Ohio's laws, either.

Comment

Working...
      X