Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I get sued by the state for child support? Michigan

Hi,

My ex just recently asked me to send a letter to her saying that I have been paying her child support for the last nine years in the total of $175. She is applying for state funded health care for her and my son. I currently live in Arizona. She does not need any financial support just health insurance because she has a large anuity. She has no intention of suing me for child support. Can the state of Michigan sue me for child support or does she have to do that? She told me she needed the letter to show the state of any income she is receiving and said that if I didn't send the letter that it would only look bad on my part and that's why I am thinking that the state can come after me and not her. Thanks.

Das ist in der Doktor!

Originally Posted by pistons04
    Hi,

My ex just recently asked me to send a letter to her saying that I have been paying her child support for the last nine years in the total of $175. She is applying for state funded health care for her and my son. I currently live in Arizona. She does not need any financial support just health insurance because she has a large anuity. She has no intention of suing me for child support. Can the state of Michigan sue me for child support or does she have to do that? She told me she needed the letter to show the state of any income she is receiving and said that if I didn't send the letter that it would only look bad on my part and that's why I am thinking that the state can come after me and not her. Thanks.
    I'd be more concerned that the State of Michigan can come after you for conspiracy to help her commit fraud.
    From the looks of your posting she can afford health care for her and your son, she just wants the State to pay for it.
    Suit yourself, if this all blows up in your face I'm sure the State could find adjoining cells for you two, but seeming how she's a MOTHER,
    she'd get off with probation and you'd do the jail time for her...
    You might want to rethink that idea...
    ..__________________
    ~ Pulling an idea like that out of your @ss had to cause permanent damage. Can you make it to a doctor on your own or do you need help?

Comment

I can see what your saying and honestly I don't really know how much she has in her anuity. I figure that is up to her to not mention that to the state. I don't know much about it only that she does have one. My concern is that the state of Michigan come after me to reimburse them for paying for their health insurance. I don't have a problem paying for an obligation to my son, just want to be prepared financially as I have a wife and another child with her. Thanks for your help.

Comment

No one can say for certain but I suspect if they want to seek their money back this is one of their options
        http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Do you have a family plan health insurance for your wife and other child? If so, why not put your son on it and that will solve the problem.

Comment

I have my own health insurance at my job and my wife has her insurance through her work and currently has my step son and my child that I had with her on it....Besides I live in AZ and my other son lives in MI. I couldnt put him on my insurance becuse he is out of state and it would cost me a fortune.

Comment

This might cost you a fortune one way or another
              http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

Originally posted by pistons04 View Post
                I figure that is up to her to not mention that to the state.

You realize what you're saying, right?

Comment

Yeah I realize what i am saying......was just ultimately wondering if the when the state finds out that I am paying under the table for child support if they would go after me because she will be receiving state funded health care. In my opinion I feel that she has to pursue it. Was just curious if anyone on here had any experience of someone that went through something similar. Like I said before I don't have a problem paying for my obligation just want to be prepared in case something happens.

Comment

Unless you write the letter she's asking you to write, the state likely won't waste their time coming after you. Her, on the other hand, that could be a different story.
                    I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
                    Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
                    I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
                    Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Originally posted by pistons04 View Post
                      Yeah I realize what i am saying......was just ultimately wondering if the when the state finds out that I am paying under the table for child support if they would go after me because she will be receiving state funded health care. In my opinion I feel that she has to pursue it. Was just curious if anyone on here had any experience of someone that went through something similar. Like I said before I don't have a problem paying for my obligation just want to be prepared in case something happens.
                      While you may have no problems meeting your obligations it does appear you have a problem with being forthright with all the facts. I for one have no desire to waste anymore of my time trying to figure out what your problem is, other than to say if your ex is asking you to help her get benefits that she is not entitled to and the State of Michigan finds out, back child support is going to be the least of your problems!

And speaking of back child support,
                      you'd do well to stay on her good side for whatever reasons, paying child support under the table, I hope for your sake you can show evidence that you HAVE BEEN PAYING or she, with the help of any reasonably competent Attorney could take you to the cleaners.
                      Before agreeing to help her you'd better have all your ducks in a row or you could find your goose cooked!
                      Good Luck and,
                      Good Day.

.._____________
                      ~ I deplore stupidity, Iím happy to admit to mine,
                      and even happier when I can point out yours.

Comment

Working...
                      X