Child support not being sent by employer- Arizona Arizona

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child support not being sent by employer- Arizona Arizona

Ok so here is my situation my employer received my wage garnishment from the child support enforcement and at first tool forever getting it done now, my ex is taking me to court for failure to pay. This is because even though my pays stubs show they have pulled the money from my wages they aren't actually sending it out. So my question is can I sue my employer for this mess I now have to deal with? I think that I was patient enough with them and now because a failure on there end I will have to go to court and look like a bad dad that hasn't been paying his child support. Aside from that I am starting a new job and am supposed to miss zero time in training so now this puts my new job at risk. So what are my options can I sue my employer for this mess I am in now?

Das ist in der Doktor!

You can sue anybody for just about anything but that won't be of much help to you when the Judge asks you whats up, you're still not off the hook just because your boss never made it past the third grade, I'd take the pay stubs with you when you appear. At least you can show the money has been taken out, you just don't know where it went.

Speaking of asking, have you asked your employer WHERE he's been sending the money?
    Court documents can be a bit difficult to read and near impossible to understand without having a law degree, so it's possible he's been sending the money to the wrong place, which doesn't let HIM off the hook for being held in contempt of court.
    It's been said ignorance of the law is no excuse however, failing to ask can get ya a few days in jail just as easily.
    Good Luck.

.._______________
    ~ Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority,
    and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that
    it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end. ~ unknown

Comment

Originally posted by raulgil5 View Post
      Ok so here is my situation my employer received my wage garnishment from the child support enforcement and at first tool forever getting it done now, my ex is taking me to court for failure to pay. This is because even though my pays stubs show they have pulled the money from my wages they aren't actually sending it out. So my question is can I sue my employer for this mess I now have to deal with? I think that I was patient enough with them and now because a failure on there end I will have to go to court and look like a bad dad that hasn't been paying his child support. Aside from that I am starting a new job and am supposed to miss zero time in training so now this puts my new job at risk. So what are my options can I sue my employer for this mess I am in now?

Okay - before we get ahead of ourselves, when was the order put in place, and how often does your employer (I doubt you're the only or first employee ever to be subject to a wage garnishment) actually send in the monies?

Many employees only do this once a month - which means if you're ordered to pay weekly, you could feasibly look like you're in arrears (at least on one half of the paper trail) virtually 3 weeks out of 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogmatique View Post
        Many employees only do this once a month - which means if you're ordered to pay weekly, you could feasibly look like you're in arrears (at least on one half of the paper trail) virtually 3 weeks out of 4.
        I believe Dogmatique meant employers.....
        Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Originally posted by Betty3 View Post
          I believe Dogmatique meant employers.....

OOPs!

Yes, that would be correct.

Comment

Working...
          X