Maryland Grandmother with sole custody Maryland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maryland Grandmother with sole custody Maryland

I am the grand mother of a 3 1/2 year old lil boy. I have had him in my care since the day he was born thru CPS. In September of 2008 I was awarded sole custody, with the mother my daughter having supervised visitation. She went over a year with out seeing him.
    In March of 2011 she file for joint legal custody and un supervised visitation. In July of 2011 we went to court and the judge once again ordered supervised visitation. This time at her sister's house (another daughter) where she lives.
    Yesterday was the 1st visitation. When my daughter brought him out to me, she said he knocked over his lunch, no one told him to go to the corner he just did and than said he stayed there for some time. My grandson told me that his aunt screamed at him and she made him staned the corner.
    Today when I had to drop him off, he cried so hard he had trouble breathing. He was screaming mom mom I don't want to go in there I want to go home. Mom mom please make her let me go. He was trying to hit his mother so she would put him down
    I know my other daughter is hard on her own 3 children, she beats them with a belt and everything. I was told that she has also hit my grandson in the past with a belt.
    Some thing is going on in that house as to why he don't want to go. If I don't let him go I will be in Contempt of Court. If I let him go and something happens to him will it be my fault? I'm ****ed if I do and ****ed if I don't.

You must obey the current court order.

You will not be held liable if something happens during Mom's court-ordered parenting time.

Is little one in counseling? It sounds like he needs to be.

Is there a case worker? Is there a reunification plan in place? What is the ultimate goal of CPS?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogmatique View Post
      You must obey the current court order.

You will not be held liable if something happens during Mom's court-ordered parenting time.

Is little one in counseling? It sounds like he needs to be.

Is there a case worker? Is there a reunification plan in place? What is the ultimate goal of CPS?
      I left out that after my daughter gave birth, a nurse heard her telling her boy friend at the time, the only way all their problems would go away was if her son would die, and she knew how to do it. (See her boy friend was white, so is she but she gave birthday to a mixed baby) & they lived with his mother & they told her that the boy friend was the father
      )
      My grandson will be in counseling come August, because of his age it was hard to find someone to see him, but I did.

There is no case worker. There was no plan at all put into place. We went to court on July 7,2011 and visitation started on July 16,2011.

He was born November 2007, CPS's goal than was for my daughter to take parenting classes, be in counseling and take meds. She is bipolar. She missed so many appointments with her doctor, never kept appointment with the CPS case worker. In September 2008 the CPS worker asked that I be granted sole custody and my daughter only have supervised visitation. The judge agreed. CPS closed the case.

She would see him every other Sat & Sun for awhile than stopped for a year. Come to find out she was pregnant again. The father of the 2nd child's mother has sole custody of that child. My daughter only has supervised visitation with her. That case had a different judge. That visitation is for every other Sat & Sun for an hour only.

Than she gave birth to a 3rd child. She gave her to me after 7 months came to my house with the police to get her. Only because she filed to Modify custody of the 1st child.

Now in May 2011 the police were called to the house she lived in with her sister & her family. The police made her leave and told her sister to file for and Emergency Elvation. It was granted. She got out of the hospital.

Comment

Working...
      X