Child Support (New Jersey) New Hampshire New Jersey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Support (New Jersey) New Hampshire New Jersey

I divorced my abusive ex-husband back in 1997 at which time he was supposed to pay child support for our 2 kids. During that time he paid maybe 2 or 3 times then stopped. He would work under the table or not at all to avoid paying anything or would disappear.

Well now my kids have finally located him and wanted to know if there was a way that they could take him to court for all the child support that he never paid even if they are 22 & 25 yrs old?

Is this possible and if so, how would they go about it.

Thanks in advance,

YOU can take him to court for the child support that YOU should have received.

But the court will not order your ex-husband to pay one cent to the kids directly.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Originally posted by patriciaB
      You and your child has the right to receive a support from your ex-husband. If he didn't give you that, you can bring it to court.

I think it's wonderful that you want to help.

But parroting what other posters have already said isn't really too helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogmatique View Post
        I think it's wonderful that you want to help.

But parroting what other posters have already said isn't really too helpful.
        The link in the first post is spam. If you roll your mouse over it, it will show you the real website name.

Comment

Patricia and her spam are gone now.
          The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Working...
          X