Establishing paternity Tennessee Tennessee

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Establishing paternity Tennessee Tennessee

Recently found out that I was father to a three year old child. The mother was married at the time of the birth and would not give me a paternity test. Her husband ended up signing the birth certificate. The mother and her husband have separated and he let me get a paternity test. Now that I know this child is mine I want visitation and eventually custody but want to take it slow so that it doesn't negatively affect the child. The mother has already lost custody of her eldest child and her husband has the younger two of her children. What chances do I have to set up visitation and custody?

Originally posted by TAF View Post
    Recently found out that I was father to a three year old child. The mother was married at the time of the birth and would not give me a paternity test. Her husband ended up signing the birth certificate. The mother and her husband have separated and he let me get a paternity test. Now that I know this child is mine I want visitation and eventually custody but want to take it slow so that it doesn't negatively affect the child. The mother has already lost custody of her eldest child and her husband has the younger two of her children. What chances do I have to set up visitation and custody?

Dad needs to disestablish legal paternity as part of the divorce action. Until that happens, you can't do anything.

You should all speak with a local attorney - this can be tricky, because Dad has been Dad for 3 years and the court may find that it's not in the child's best interest to switch paternity at this point...specially if he has custody.

Comment

Tennessee the father of my childern wants joint costidy

I have a 5 and a 2 year old, the father and I have never been married however we were trying to make things work for 2 years since our son was born, however it did not, now he wants joint custady, I don't. I know that he wants more then the normal everyother week end and I am sorta willing to give him a little more then 6 days a month. with me being the full custodeal parent even considering i am left him does it really make me look bad and he did try and take care of me and the kids and his parents provided a home for us however the reason i left in the first place is that he slepted with the childern in the home durning the day he didnt wake up to pick our daughter up from headstart several times and DCS was called because of the tardyness and the fact that my child felt alone in the house because he was asleep for the most part of the day. So am at risk for losing my childern for not keeping a completely spotless house or for not wanting to be a stay at home mom and having my childern in daycare while we were working on things and also if I am talking about having a relationship with another man does that effect my motherly rights?

Comment

Originally posted by Cristb View Post
        I have a 5 and a 2 year old, the father and I have never been married however we were trying to make things work for 2 years since our son was born, however it did not, now he wants joint custady, I don't. I know that he wants more then the normal everyother week end and I am sorta willing to give him a little more then 6 days a month. with me being the full custodeal parent even considering i am left him does it really make me look bad and he did try and take care of me and the kids and his parents provided a home for us however the reason i left in the first place is that he slepted with the childern in the home durning the day he didnt wake up to pick our daughter up from headstart several times and DCS was called because of the tardyness and the fact that my child felt alone in the house because he was asleep for the most part of the day. So am at risk for losing my childern for not keeping a completely spotless house or for not wanting to be a stay at home mom and having my childern in daycare while we were working on things and also if I am talking about having a relationship with another man does that effect my motherly rights?

cristb, could you perhaps please start your own thread? And tell us where you're located? That would help us help you a great deal

Comment

Cristb has now started their own new thread - reply there (see link below).

new thread -
          http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=280287.
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
          X