alimony in new jersey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alimony in new jersey

i haved custody of 14yr daughter since day one. ive paid alimony for 14yrs. went in march of 09 for change of circumstances(been unemployed since aug 09) judge asked what i make a month. told him 900.00 between child support and unemployment. rule my alimony at 900.00 mth plus 100.00 more for arrears. how am i suppose to care for minor child if all my money goes to mother who has no contact with child. THIS IS WOULD BE LAUGHABLE IF NOT FOR THE 16 DAYS IVE DONE IN JAIL!!!!! im at end of my rope!!! WHAT CAN I DO TO GET OUT OF THIS SITUATION

Something doesn't sound right here. How long were you married? How long is alimony supposed to last? Was it part of the divorce decree? Does your ex-wife work? What other source of support does she have?
    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice Dodd View Post
      Something doesn't sound right here. How long were you married? How long is alimony supposed to last? Was it part of the divorce decree? Does your ex-wife work? What other source of support does she have?
      was married 5yrs. paid 1750 for 3yrs then 2500 for 4 yrs, then 1250 for 3 more till 2009. was rehabitative alimony and she was awarded it for life in 2009. set 900 a mth in march this year. she had brain tumor removed in 1999 and since was only seperated at time they say it happened on my watch. mind you i won custody because she was a drug an alchol abuser.in and out of least 10 rehabs. then cancer comes and ive been payin for it every since. she gets disability 1250 mth. i get 340mth child support. if she had custody i would be payin tru my lungs. lost all income. thought it was courts respondsabililty too protect child. were homeless and broke and monmouth county,nj doesnt care as long as ex gets her money

Comment

Have you been represented by an attorney for these hearings? Have you appealed any of the decisions?
        I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Working...
        X