Summer Parenting time regarding working minors Indiana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer Parenting time regarding working minors Indiana

I am having a problem enforcing my rights for parenting time with my children. I have a 15 yr. old daughter who is working a part time job. She and her mother are stating that it's more important for the child to learn good work ethic and be responsible.

I have no arguments about learning good work ethic and responsibility. However, it's my understanding that the state of Indiana does not see a minor's work schedule as a reason to exempt the child from summer parenting time.

I realize that the best solution would be to try to work around the minor's work schedule to solve the parenting time issue. However, we live 200 miles apart and are in different states.

Can someone knowledgeable of the laws in this area help us out?

Thank You!

Charlie3

Originally posted by Charlie3 View Post
    I am having a problem enforcing my rights for parenting time with my children. I have a 15 yr. old daughter who is working a part time job. She and her mother are stating that it's more important for the child to learn good work ethic and be responsible.

I have no arguments about learning good work ethic and responsibility. However, it's my understanding that the state of Indiana does not see a minor's work schedule as a reason to exempt the child from summer parenting time.

I realize that the best solution would be to try to work around the minor's work schedule to solve the parenting time issue. However, we live 200 miles apart and are in different states.

Can someone knowledgeable of the laws in this area help us out?

Thank You!

Charlie3

What exactly do your court orders say about summer visitation?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogmatique View Post
      What exactly do your court orders say about summer visitation?
      My court order states that I am entitled to 1/2 the summer. In this case it amounts to 41 days of parenting time. I have exercised 8 days of my parenting time. The court has been advised that the parenting time was supposed to be:

June 4th - June 12thExchange at 6:00 PM
      June 20th - July 2ndExchange at 6:00 PM
      July 9th - July 18thExchange at 6:00 PM
      July 23rd - Aug 1stExchange at 6:00 PM

The custodial parent provided it as an agreeable parenting time schedule.

Comment

Anyone else have any input? I have drafted 5 different motions, all separate issues in how she's blatantly defied the Indiana Parenting Guidelines. I have not turned any of them in yet. They will likely be filed before week's end.

Comment

Working...
        X