child custody Colorado

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child custody Colorado

I have an infant son, and his mom and I are divorcing. I lead a stable, healthy, and trouble free life, while she stays wherever theres an empty couch, did drugs while she was pregnant, and chooses to stay unemployed. She also doesnt let me see my son, says if I dont treat her right how can I treat him right. (I never did anything wrong to her, she left me for another guy) I think that this child needs both of his parents equally, but she thinks of me as a sperm donor. Is it possible to get equal parenting time with my son? I cant be an every-other-weekend dad, please help

Originally posted by dediger_89 View Post
    I have an infant son, and his mom and I are divorcing. I lead a stable, healthy, and trouble free life, while she stays wherever theres an empty couch, did drugs while she was pregnant, and chooses to stay unemployed. She also doesnt let me see my son, says if I dont treat her right how can I treat him right. (I never did anything wrong to her, she left me for another guy) I think that this child needs both of his parents equally, but she thinks of me as a sperm donor. Is it possible to get equal parenting time with my son? I cant be an every-other-weekend dad, please help

How old is your son?

When she was doing drugs, did you involve CPS?

If not, why not?

Comment

my son was born last wednesday. i was trying to help her get a job and she asked if shed have to pass a drug test, i said yes and she said she couldnt pass it. i called dhs and they were sposed to test the baby when he was born. i didnt find out he was born until 2 days later because of her, but when i got to the hospital, the nurse said that the mircona was the only way to test for that, and by the time the test was ordered, he had already past that stage. She didnt even see a doctor for the first 6 mos of her pregnancy

Comment

Originally posted by dediger_89 View Post
        my son was born last wednesday. i was trying to help her get a job and she asked if shed have to pass a drug test, i said yes and she said she couldnt pass it. i called dhs and they were sposed to test the baby when he was born. i didnt find out he was born until 2 days later because of her, but when i got to the hospital, the nurse said that the mircona was the only way to test for that, and by the time the test was ordered, he had already past that stage. She didnt even see a doctor for the first 6 mos of her pregnancy

You need to go to court, file for divorce and establish parenting time/visitation.

You will likely NOT get equal with Mom at this point; the courts are reluctant to keep a newborn from the mother for any great length of time.

So, file for joint legal custody. Google your State's standard parenting time for a newborn.

Comment

Also posted threads http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=275701 & http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=275725

Told OP to keep all questions/posts together in one thread.
          (It might be kind of confusing to combine all 3 now.)
          Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Working...
          X