Newborn visitation Colorado

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newborn visitation Colorado

hi, so my soon to be ex wife just had our son last wednesday. Were in the process of getting a divorce, but right now were in the 90 day waiting period. She tried to have me removed from the hospital for no reason, and now that shes gone home, she wont let me see the baby. I want to be a major role in my sons life and I dont want to miss any time with him. What do I need to do to get a FAIR amout of time with him until we finalize the divorce? Also, what do I need to do durring the divorce to get 50/50 visitation with my son?

dediger, please keep all your questions/posts in one thread. Thanks.

Reference threads http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=275701 & http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=275726

(It might be kind of confusing to combine all 3 threads now - other threads have replies ......)
    Last edited by Betty3; 06-07-2010, 09:45 PM.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

ok thank you for the critisism. can we move on now, possibly answer the questions at hand?

thanks

Comment

Okay, first off, that was not criticism. It was a valid request since each thread has different information, all of which might be needed to give you an accurate answer, and it's not fair to expect the responders, who are all volunteers doing this on their own time, to go jumping back and forth looking for it. If all the questions are in one thread, it benefits YOU because (1) you will get more accurate answers and (2) if it's too much work for the responders to find what they need, they may not bother answering at all.

Second, as mentioned, this board is staffed by volunteers who do this on their own time, and who have jobs and families and other responsibilities to deal with as well. Not everyone who opens a thread is necessarily going to know the answer (though they won't know if they do or not UNTIL they open it) and you just might want to remember that no one OWES you an answer.

So before you go demanding answers at 4 in the morning, you might want to keep these things in mind.
        The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

im new at this and didnt know the rules ok? but i certainly dont need you down talking to me. this is a legal help forum, i asked for help. if you can help me, i greatly appreciate it. if you cannot, then just move on to the next post. its not that difficult. so ill ask again, can anyone help me set up visitation and fight for custody?

Comment

Dediger,

Have you talked to your attorney about the situation? What does he/she advise?

Comment

No.

No one here can help you set up visitation and fight for custody. That is FAR beyond the scope of a message board. You will need to hire an attorney for that. This board is NOT a substitute for legal counsel.

What we can do, and what we will do if you will be patient and wait for someone familiar with the laws of your state to come by, is provide you with some general information about family law in your state, and possibly some suggestions on how to work within your situation.

But if you continue to gripe that no one is responding to your questions, you may find that no one bothers at all. They are not obligated to do so.
              The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

i was not griping that nobody was responding. i understand that it may take time for someone with experience to respond. i was gripin that the people who were responding were not helping the situation. i understand that i made a mistake and i wont do it again ok?

Comment

Originally posted by dediger_89 View Post
                  i was not griping that nobody was responding. i understand that it may take time for someone with experience to respond. i was gripin that the people who were responding were not helping the situation. i understand that i made a mistake and i wont do it again ok?

Basically, there is virtually no chance of you getting even close to 50/50 visitation with a newborn.

Please speak with a local attorney who can help you file for visitation and joint legal custody.

You can call your State Bar Association for a low-cost referral, or you can call your local court house and the clerk can tell you which forms you'll need.

Comment

Basically, there is virtually no chance of you getting even close to 50/50 visitation with a newborn.
                    Hey Dog - why is that? There are plenty of mothers that express milk and turn it and the baby over to day care early on. If the OP has a support system set up, why wouldn't the court look at that? Some moms never breast feed, and while I do feel it's important for the baby to have a consistent environment, it is a bias towards the mother that may not be the most beneficial to the baby. <this is mostly rhetorical, I don't know what the court's criteria are for determining what's best for the child>.
                    I am not an attorney, and don't play one on TV. Any information given is a description only and should be verified by your attorney.

Comment

Originally posted by Alice Dodd View Post
                      Hey Dog - why is that? There are plenty of mothers that express milk and turn it and the baby over to day care early on. If the OP has a support system set up, why wouldn't the court look at that? Some moms never breast feed, and while I do feel it's important for the baby to have a consistent environment, it is a bias towards the mother that may not be the most beneficial to the baby. <this is mostly rhetorical, I don't know what the court's criteria are for determining what's best for the child>.

A 50/50 timeshare isn't usually ordered even with an older child unless both parents are in agreement and live in the same area AND both parents are successfully co-parenting (and not in an adversarial relationship...).

Regular visitation for a newborn would be short periods several times a week eventually leading up to the standard NCP visitation; it's not so about a bias in favor of Mom than it is about it being disruptive to a newborn's routine. Now if she upped and left the baby with Dad, she would expect to be told the same thing.

KWIM?

Comment

Working...
                      X