DOT update!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ohio "Step" Mom View Post
    The judge ruled we did not need her consent. She has 30 days to appeal the decision. We're set for a best interest and final hearing on December 7th. The judge told my attorney to make sure we bring our family and friends because as long as things continue to go this way, WE WILL BE DONE IN DECEMBER!! Happy Pearl Harbor Day!!!
    Sounding good.
    Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

Thanks guys!! I appreciate the support you have given me and my family.
      Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

22 more days to final hearing!! No appeal filed to the consent ruling!! I did get a friend request from DOT on Facebook but I don't think that counts and it kind of made me giggle. Really? A friend request? After all these years, that's the most concern she can show for this child??
        Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

After all these years of frustration, LB is now OFFICIALLY MY DAUGHTER!!!!! I haven't felt this settled or at peace in years.

The Best Interest / Final hearing was scheduled for yesterday. DOT managed to get arrested the day before, and so once again, she failed to come to the hearing. Since June, when she requested a continuance to get an attorney, and refused to give consent, we've had three hearings. One in August, one in September, and then yesterday. That makes three hearings where she was in jail and scheduled to appear in a criminal hearing on the same day at the same time. I call that Divine Intervention.

Even though she has a year to appeal the finalized adoption, I'm not going to worry about that.

Comment

Very good news - congratulations!
            Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around. Leo Buscaglia

Live in peace with animals. Animals bring love to our hearts and warmth to our souls.

Comment

I've been following your posts...and am happy to hear your good news! Congrats, OSM!

Comment

That is so beautiful, OSM! You're in my prayers!
                I don't believe what I write, and neither should you. Information furnished to you is for debate purposes only, be sure to verify with your own research.
                Keep in mind that the information provided may not be worth any more than either a politician's promise or what you paid for it (nothing).
                I also may not have been either sane or sober when I wrote it down.
                Don't worry, be happy.

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/index.html is a good resource!

Comment

Just saw this!!!!!

The wheels of gooberment turn slowly, but they grind up the ones like dot.

Now to avoid making comment about her in front of little bit. I know from experience it is hard to do~~~ It is parents like you that give me hope for the future.

Comment

Thank you all!!! Not only for your well wishes and good thoughts, but for the support this board has given me over the years. At the times when I thought my sanity was stretched to the limit, you guys always managed to pull me back in off the ledge.

And as far as speaking about DOT, she is now only a passing thought from time to time. Force of habit I guess... a habit I am happy to let go after having to track that kind of dysfunction for so many years. We are moving on with our lives and we are all doing very well.

Thanks again for all of your help and support.

Comment

You're welcome for the help & the best of luck to you in the future.

Comment

Working...
                      X