Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOT update!

I have an update:

I fired the old attorney because it became abundantly clear that the only thing he was "doing for me" was draining my bank account and giving me years of frustration.

Within a week the new attorney was able to get me an ex-parte (emergency) order of legal custody for Little Bit. We have a hearing in May to finalize legal custody. After that final order is in place for 6 months, the Probate court will hear the adoption petition.

In the mean time, DOT filed her own petition claiming we haven't let her see Little Bit. This is where you should not smoke the crack while filling out legal documents. Instead of us being served, DOT ended up having her 8 year old son served with a contempt summons for not letting her see Little Bit. ??

The only reason I know about the contempt filing is because her ex-husband, the father of her 8 yo son, called me three days ago to let me know. He was also served, being accused of not allowing contact. She hasn't bothered to see their son in 7 years.

The added twist in this is that DOT was in the middle of a criminal case and she ended up pleading guilty to felony cocaine possession two days ago. Her sentencing hearing on the felony is 6 days before the contempt hearings. (Where she is complaining that we haven't "let her" see the kids.)

I just can't imagine the level on denial one must be living in, to live this way. Most likely DOT will be coming into the contempt hearing wearing prison clothing and shackles. Does she really think a judge is going to see her point of view? Even if it was true, that we haven't "let" her see Little Bit, is a judge going to say "Okay, they have been mean to you and you should be able to visit with your children." ??

On the flip side, her filing caused one thing to happen that I have been begging Little Bit's father to allow. Little Bit finally got to meet her 8 yo brother when his father brought me copies of the summonses he received. They had a GREAT time playing together and have been calling each other since. I LOVE IT!!

She deserves to know all of her brothers and sisters and finally, she gets to meet one of them. Throughout the rest of her life, the siblings she has through her bio-mother may be the only people on the planet that she can talk to and commiserate with, about their bio-mother. Only they will be the ones who can know truly how she feels about being abandoned by their bio-mother, and the kind of person DOT is. I am so happy that they can now begin to have a lifelong relationship and they can have each other to lean on and talk about things that only they can understand.
    Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Fantastic!

Just be there for the children, and they will concentrate on each other and bio mom will become a footnote.

Here's to a long sentence.

Comment

Long sentences work!!!

Here's to "footnotes"!!
      Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio "Step" Mom View Post
        Long sentences work!!!

Here's to "footnotes"!!
        Steel toes make the best foot notes.

Just plant it right.

Comment

Originally posted by gotsmart View Post
          steel Toes Make The Best Foot Notes.

Just Plant It Right. :d
          Bwhahaha!!!!!!!
          I don't respond to Private Messages unless the moderator specifically refers you to me for that purpose. Thank you.

Comment

LOL!!! Can I put spikes on them too!!!!???

Comment

Oh, I forgot to mention; Since she's notorious for failing to appear at her sentencing hearings, and since she gave a new address in her juvenile court filing, different than the one listed on her criminal court docket, I called the prosecutors office and updated their information for her.

Somehow I don't think she'll say "good lookin out", but hey, that's what ya get for giving me ammunition.

Comment

Haven't been here in a while. SOOOO happy for you and Little Bit!
                HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                (unique up on him)
                How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                (same way)

Comment

Thanks guys! I just can't even put into words how it feels, after all these years, to finally have even this small bit of progress. To know that J has signed not only the juvenile court paperwork granting his consent, but also the adoption petition consent.... well, I feel like the the air is cleaner, the sun is brighter, and the weight of the world, the weight of all these years of frustration is nearly gone.

I just pray, that by the end of this year, I will finally have the right to say, this is MY DAUGHTER!!!!!

Comment

You had better be good to her, or I will sell your email address to the local spammers.

I love a happy ending.

Comment

Now that is some good news! You have been through hades and back. You and YOUR daughter deserve some peace and happiness!!!

Boy GotSmart! Those are some evil, evil words! I like!!!!
                      Last edited by atsiamanda; 03-22-2010, 09:10 AM. Reason: I apparently can't spell today!!!
                      Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

OSM is better than most biological parents I know. I would trust her with my children.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio "Step" Mom View Post
                          Thanks guys! I just can't even put into words how it feels, after all these years, to finally have even this small bit of progress. To know that J has signed not only the juvenile court paperwork granting his consent, but also the adoption petition consent.... well, I feel like the the air is cleaner, the sun is brighter, and the weight of the world, the weight of all these years of frustration is nearly gone.

I just pray, that by the end of this year, I will finally have the right to say, this is MY DAUGHTER!!!!!
                          I was just perusing the forum and BOY!!! Am I glad for you!!! Congrats to your and your soon to be daughter!!!!!

Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

Thanks Guys!!! The home study (on our motion for shared custody with J) was done today. DOT was served with our our Ex-Parte order on the 28th.

So for now, it's a wait and see if she will request a shelter care hearing. Her sentencing on the felony cocaine conviction is next Wednesday the 14th.

As an example of the alternate reality she is living in; Her aunt called me to direct me to her facebook page. She is blissfully making summer plans "fun times, cookouts, family get-togethers, and Lots of Laughs" as if she isn't facing 12 months in prison. Odd.

Comment

Update:

DOT didn't show up for sentencing in her criminal matter. They didn't issue a warrant as it seems she called the court and told them she "couldn't find a ride". They rescheduled it for the 28th.

The court date for her motions for contempt is on the 20th. I haven't heard from my attorney as to whether or not we should go. (since she messed up the service). Her first husband was properly served and will be there on the 20th. He told me that since she does have a bench warrant through our city court, he's planning to let the deputies know about the warrant so travel arrangements won't be a problem for her come the 28th.

Comment

Working...
                              X