Some advise please... New Jersey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some advise please... New Jersey

Child is refusing to cooperate with the current visitation schedule. He is not getting along with his father. And Father is not helping the situation. Infact, if anything he seems to be aggravating the situation. The visitation is pretty standard, but was established when he was 7 or 8. kid is now a high school student with a very active schedule and also wants to get a part time job. With visitation one once a week 2 to 3 hours after school and every other weekend. It's difficult to cram in Homework, school activities/clubs, and a JOB. Motion for an adjustment to visitation schedule was denied. Does this mean my son can't get a job?

If he can't get the visitation schedule changed, and if he can't get a job with the current visitation schedule, then it's simple mathematics that he can't get a job.
    The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

Bummer. Is there a reason why the child's preferrances are being ignored? Also, how do you enforce a visitation schedule if the child is driving? or is in college? When do they allow for and grant adjustments?

Comment

Perhaps the answer is to drop an after school activity and free up that time for a job.

Comment

actually we we're trying to get the job towards the end of the school year for the summer. With the current visitation schedule child would not be available to work every other weekend. And if you tell them no they tend not to schedule you or just not hire you.
          My question is, at what point does the child have any input on where he spends his time?

Comment

When he is 18.

Until then, a court might or might not take his wishes into consideration. They are not obligated to.
            The above answer, whatever it is, assumes that no legally binding and enforceable contract or CBA says otherwise. If it does, then the terms of the contract or CBA apply.

Comment

ok. New question?

over the past 10 years father has filed motion after motion from child support issues to custody, visitation. In 2009 we've gone to court 9 times the last 4 hearings have been monthly. I have only initated 1 motion in the 10 years. This feels like a form of harrassment. Each hearing and motion there is very little change in our circumstances. In fact I would have to say it's exactly the same. Do I have any options or are there none?

Comment

You could try requesting (the court) that he pay YOUR legal costs every time he files a motion and the motion is denied...

He'll get bored of that pretty quickly.

Comment

there aren't any fees

I don't have a lawyer. I did early on, but i have to pay cost upfront. And there's no guarentee that the judge will grant it. I have never taken him to court, except to get a visitation modification which was denied.

Comment

Working...
                  X