daddy needs help......PLEASE!!! New Jersey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• daddy needs help......PLEASE!!! New Jersey

O.K. i found out through DNA testing that both my children were not mine, biologically. i had then seeked child support relief, and was forced to sign over my parental rights. now mind you the children and i have since then continued our relationship, i'm the only dad they know! as of a month ago the mother has relinquished them to me! they've been w/ me full time for a month now. can i go for temp. custody or guardianship? and will catch a snag being as i'm not the real father, even though the children know me as dad, and the kids do not know i'm not their dad!?i need some help financially now that i have them. the mother has been huffing dust-off in front of them and is addicted to pain pills. the mother and i have had a conference with the schools about the children being with me, and the school knows she has a condition. i live in a different town so i've been transporting them back and forth, this is not going to last long because the school wants a resolution! i need to sign them in a local school. do you think the courts will give me a hard time with them being with me? and what precautions should i take to help my case? i live in a 2 bedroom apartment, there are 2 girls(8 and 10) and 1 boy(8 yrs. old). thanks for any and all responses!

Was anybody else established as Dad?

Comment

no, the mother does not want him involved, so no. no one else was established. they held me responsible for the arrears but do not have any further support. so i'm guessing the courts do not view me as dad. but i certainly am and have been.

Comment

Originally posted by IMdaddy View Post
        no, the mother does not want him involved, so no. no one else was established. they held me responsible for the arrears but do not have any further support. so i'm guessing the courts do not view me as dad. but i certainly am and have been.

OK, it gets a little trickier.

Are you absolutely sure that your parental rights have been terminated - and not that you didn't just sign over full custody?

Comment

Originally posted by IMdaddy View Post
          O.K. i found out through DNA testing that both my children were not mine, biologically. i had then seeked child support relief, and was forced to sign over my parental rights. now mind you the children and i have since then continued our relationship, i'm the only dad they know! as of a month ago the mother has relinquished them to me! they've been w/ me full time for a month now. can i go for temp. custody or guardianship? and will catch a snag being as i'm not the real father, even though the children know me as dad, and the kids do not know i'm not their dad!?i need some help financially now that i have them. the mother has been huffing dust-off in front of them and is addicted to pain pills. the mother and i have had a conference with the schools about the children being with me, and the school knows she has a condition. i live in a different town so i've been transporting them back and forth, this is not going to last long because the school wants a resolution! i need to sign them in a local school. do you think the courts will give me a hard time with them being with me? and what precautions should i take to help my case? i live in a 2 bedroom apartment, there are 2 girls(8 and 10) and 1 boy(8 yrs. old). thanks for any and all responses!
          You REALLY need to get a consult with a local attorney for help. Consults are generally inexpensive and the attorney will be able to advise you after reading all of your court orders.

Comment

Working...
          X