Mediation Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mediation Question

My daughter's father and I just went to mediation and came to a full agreement, we are now going to court to get everything finalized and he is now asking for something other than what we agreed on and has hired an attorney. Will the judge make his order according to our agreement or will they modify it based on what he is asking for without us going back to mediation?

Originally posted by mchllrb5 View Post
    My daughter's father and I just went to mediation and came to a full agreement, we are now going to court to get everything finalized and he is now asking for something other than what we agreed on and has hired an attorney. Will the judge make his order according to our agreement or will they modify it based on what he is asking for without us going back to mediation?
    The Judge might order another mediation, and might not, depending on what issue(s) are now being contested.

The mediator's reccomendation is not set in staone, so yes, the Judge can order differently if they wish.

What are the issues that are now being contested?

Comment

Basically her father has been gone for approximately 8 years. My daughter is 11 and her dad moved back locally about a year ago. Him and I get alone fine and agree on everthing when it just us but once he gets around his new family he becomes evil. We went to mediation and agreed that although he and our daughter have a bit a relationship that they need to establish more one on one time before I would be comfortable with switching off every other week and holidays, he agreed. So they can spend time together every other Saturday and one day during the week to develope a better relationship with eachother. I just got paperwook from is attorney stating that he want her every other weekend, 1/2 the holidays, and and for half of her breaks. I have been her sole provider for 11 years now and he has been in and out with his once a year visits if that, what do you think the chances are of him getting this much visitation? Also, his Saturday visits started this past Saturday, he picked her up for her soccer game and then left right after because he had things to do, he barely spent any time with her, at most he was present for 4 hours?

Comment

Originally posted by mchllrb5 View Post
        Basically her father has been gone for approximately 8 years. My daughter is 11 and her dad moved back locally about a year ago. Him and I get alone fine and agree on everthing when it just us but once he gets around his new family he becomes evil. We went to mediation and agreed that although he and our daughter have a bit a relationship that they need to establish more one on one time before I would be comfortable with switching off every other week and holidays, he agreed. So they can spend time together every other Saturday and one day during the week to develope a better relationship with eachother. I just got paperwook from is attorney stating that he want her every other weekend, 1/2 the holidays, and and for half of her breaks. I have been her sole provider for 11 years now and he has been in and out with his once a year visits if that, what do you think the chances are of him getting this much visitation? Also, his Saturday visits started this past Saturday, he picked her up for her soccer game and then left right after because he had things to do, he barely spent any time with her, at most he was present for 4 hours?
        Actually, what he is asking for is pretty standard.

How many times has he seen her, in any way, in the year that he has been back?

Since you said that when he is around his new family he "becomes evil", and said that you want him and her to have more "one on one time" before you would be comfortable with a normal EOW schedule, I have to ask- is this a way to keep her and him away from his new family because you are uncomfortable with her being around them all? A judge will definately have the same question.

Comment

Working...
        X