child support regarding disability Pennsylvania

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child support regarding disability Pennsylvania

Where can I find the guidlines for receiving child support when the NCP is receiving disability?

Originally posted by michelle1992 View Post
    Where can I find the guidlines for receiving child support when the NCP is receiving disability?
    Is ex recieving social security disability?

If he is, which is he now recieving- SSI or SSDI?

Comment

Yes, he will be. I am not sure which type though. The only thing I was told by Domestics was that he applied for "disability" because of not being able to work, and it went through.They have already garnished his wages for the $20.00 he was in arrears, but nothing else after that. They thought the case was closed since he wasn't paying the last few moths. I told them I didn't close it, they just stopped making him pay because of him not working and under doctors care. I just found out recently that he is going to be getting the disability and was told by domestics that either party could (and needed to) file for a "reinstatment" of the CS...I chose to do it, because I didn't think he would. I am just wondering how they figure out how much Child support gets taken out of money you receive if you get it. Will it be the same amount as before, or are there different guidelines and rules for this type of income? Thanks for your help.

Comment

You would have to go to Social Security, and talk to them. More than likely, you will be getting an amount equal to 1/2 of his disability for the child. Bring all legal paperwork with you. Divorce papers, social security cards, and so on.

They will be most helpful as long as you can prove that you are who and what you claim to be.

In many cases this amount would be more than court ordered.

Good luck.

Comment

Thank you for your help. (=...now, I have 2 children, so will that mean more CS, or do they split that amount for one child in half? I hope you understand what I mean...will I be getting more for both children?

Comment

Stop by the local Social Security office.

I cannot tell you anything without all the details, and you do not want to put them out for the world to see.

Comment

Thank you for your help. (=...now, I have 2 children, so will that mean more CS, or do they split that amount for one child in half? I hope you understand what I mean...will I be getting more for both children?
              As was advised, you need to speak to the SSA to see if your children qualify for any benefits.
              If your ex will be recieving SSDI, your children can recieve benefits. However, if he will be recieving only SSI (and not SSDI) your children cannot recieve benefits.

Then when going to court for the CS whatever the guideline amount is your children's SS benefits will be deducted from that. Example- guideline amount is $300.00, the SS benefit is $200.00. Your ex would be ordered to pay only the $100.00 difference. However, please be aware that if ex will only be getting SSI it's likely that he won't be ordered to pay anything because SSI cannot be used to determine CS.

Comment

OK..thank you for all info provided...when I turned in the papers to refile for CS at domestics last week, they said I would be notified this week about a hearing, so I will see where it goes from there. Thank you again!!

Comment

OK..thank you for all info provided...when I turned in the papers to refile for CS at domestics last week, they said I would be notified this week about a hearing, so I will see where it goes from there. Thank you again!!
                  You're welcome. I hope it works out for you.

Comment

Working...
                  X