Ill unemp. insurance act sec.401c

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ill unemp. insurance act sec.401c

Wonder if anyone knows if when in fact I am paying child support in Il and just got laid off my job if I can claim my child as a dependent to offset what I get from ump. ins. I'm currently trying to get custody of him so any extra money helps toward this situation. sec. 401c of the Ill unemployment insurance act is kind of vague on this matter

Originally posted by racerbob28 View Post
    Wonder if anyone knows if when in fact I am paying child support in Il and just got laid off my job if I can claim my child as a dependent to offset what I get from ump. ins. I'm currently trying to get custody of him so any extra money helps toward this situation. sec. 401c of the Ill unemployment insurance act is kind of vague on this matter
    I thought you said that you live in Fl?

If you do, FL's unemployment benefits have nothing at all to do with IL laws.

I'm not sure what you mean about wanting to claim your child as a dependent for unemployment benefits.
    It really doesn't matter though because you do not have residential custody and therefore cannot claim your child as a dependent for any reason.

Comment

I do live in florida but i was paying Il taxes on my payroll because originally I was going to be on the road full time and dispatched thru IL when work got slow I had no choice to work in there shop in Fl, Henceforth untill I got laid off. Anyhow you did answer my ques. but am I entitled to any extra income because of child support or do I have to ask the court for a modification of child support due to a unvolentary reduction in wages? My unemp. ins. is thru Illinois
      Last edited by racerbob28; 11-29-2009, 05:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by racerbob28 View Post
        I do live in florida but i was paying Il taxes on my payroll because originally I was going to be on the road full time and dispatched thru IL when work got slow I had no choice to work in there shop in Fl, Henceforth untill I got laid off. Anyhow you did answer my ques. but am I entitled to any extra income because of child support or do I have to ask the court for a modification of child support due to a unvolentary reduction in wages? My unemp. ins. is thru Illinois
        You'll need to contact the IL unemployment office to see what your options are for claiming a deduction for your child.

For the CS, yes, because you've had an involuntary decrease in income you should file for a modification right away.

Comment

Working...
        X