Child visitation and support in Arizona

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child visitation and support in Arizona

We are divorced and have one child in common. The final divorce decree was signed in maricopa county, phoenix. Then my ex with the child moved to New Jersey and 6 months back she sent my son to india. The child support i am paying is based on the original court order. Since noone is living in Arizona now, does the arizona court has jurisdiction over my case? I have a visitation to see my son every alternate week and this is not happening because my son is in india now. What should i do to get an visitation enforcement and also is it possible to reduce the child support payment based on the fact my son is living in india now where the cost of living less than here.

thanks

Originally posted by jjena75 View Post
    We are divorced and have one child in common. The final divorce decree was signed in maricopa county, phoenix. Then my ex with the child moved to New Jersey and 6 months back she sent my son to india. The child support i am paying is based on the original court order. Since noone is living in Arizona now, does the arizona court has jurisdiction over my case? I have a visitation to see my son every alternate week and this is not happening because my son is in india now. What should i do to get an visitation enforcement and also is it possible to reduce the child support payment based on the fact my son is living in india now where the cost of living less than here.

thanks
    Where do you live now?

You'll need to have the case transferred to either where you live or where ex lives.
    Is any state CSE agency involved in your case?
    If they are, talk to them about transferring the case.

Once it is transferred you can file for a modification of both CS and visitation.

Is your ex also in India?

Did you agree to ex moving and ex sending son to India?

Comment

I live in Florida. She left my son with her parents in india and came back to New Jersey alone. I was not told that she is moving the child from here to india. I found out when i called her for visitation. I filed a petition in Phoenix court for visitation enforcement but her lawyer filed a motion to dismiss based on the fact none of us live there any more and the judge granted the motion.

I am currently paying the child support electronically to the arizona court clearing house. I am not sure if i have a CSE involved or not. If you could please send me some details on how to transfer the case.. would be very helpful. Thank you for your response.

Comment

Originally posted by jjena75 View Post
        I live in Florida. She left my son with her parents in india and came back to New Jersey alone. I was not told that she is moving the child from here to india. I found out when i called her for visitation. I filed a petition in Phoenix court for visitation enforcement but her lawyer filed a motion to dismiss based on the fact none of us live there any more and the judge granted the motion.

I am currently paying the child support electronically to the arizona court clearing house. I am not sure if i have a CSE involved or not. If you could please send me some details on how to transfer the case.. would be very helpful. Thank you for your response.
        Typically jurisidiction for visitation should be in the state that the child/custodial parent lives. You might want to talk to ex and see if she'll agree to moving the jurisidiction to FL. If she does, you can get a low cost consult with a FL attorney by calling the Florida Bar Lawyer referral Service at 1-800-342-8011.

Comment

Working...
        X