Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP NEEDED Illinois

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • HELP NEEDED Illinois

    I was talking to the child support enforcement the other day regarding my case because they sent me a notice in June 2009 saying they were going after my son's father for child support. My son is only 6 years old and his fater is over $10,000 behind in child support. I called to see what was going on because he has paid alot of fines this year to the court house which having nothing to do with me but if you can pay that much in fines then I feel you should beable to pay child support. I haven't received a payment in over a year. The question that I have is the guy from the child support enforcement told me that they can contact the regional office and go after that money he paid for fines so I can get my child support and then he would still owe all that money back for fines. Has anyone ever heard of that is a way to collect child support? I am just wondering if it is true or if he is blowing smoke up my butt so he doesn't have to deal with me! Please if anyone knows the answer please respond.

  • #2
    Originally posted by racegirl View Post
    I was talking to the child support enforcement the other day regarding my case because they sent me a notice in June 2009 saying they were going after my son's father for child support. My son is only 6 years old and his fater is over $10,000 behind in child support. I called to see what was going on because he has paid alot of fines this year to the court house which having nothing to do with me but if you can pay that much in fines then I feel you should beable to pay child support. I haven't received a payment in over a year. The question that I have is the guy from the child support enforcement told me that they can contact the regional office and go after that money he paid for fines so I can get my child support and then he would still owe all that money back for fines. Has anyone ever heard of that is a way to collect child support? I am just wondering if it is true or if he is blowing smoke up my butt so he doesn't have to deal with me! Please if anyone knows the answer please respond.
    First, please delete or lock the other 2 duplicate threads so that it won't be confusing.

    No, you are not being told the truth, once the fines are paid the CSE cannot take that money.
    However, they can use those paid fines as a way of proving that ex did have the ability to pay CS.

    Has the CSE ever taken him to court for contempt?
    If not, have they given you a reason that they haven't yet?

    Comment


    • #3
      He has been taken to court many times for contempt but then they let him off. Sorry about all the threads we were having some issues with the internet service on Saturday!

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by racegirl View Post
        He has been taken to court many times for contempt but then they let him off. Sorry about all the threads we were having some issues with the internet service on Saturday!
        What has been the results of the contempt hearings?

        When was the last contempt motion filed?

        Comment


        • #5
          He first paid his purge amount of $1500 and then he was sent to jail again. His bond that time was $3000 but they stated two weeks in jail was enough and I didn't receive any money that time which they let him our. It was last November and I haven't received a payment since.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by racegirl View Post
            He first paid his purge amount of $1500 and then he was sent to jail again. His bond that time was $3000 but they stated two weeks in jail was enough and I didn't receive any money that time which they let him our. It was last November and I haven't received a payment since.
            Talk to your caseworker about filing contempt again.

            Sadly, some NCPs are so determined to not pay that the only way to get payment is to keep taking them to court over and over again each time they get at least 60 to 90 days behind.

            Also ask your caseworker if they have sent notice to the IRS about intercepting any tax refunds, they usually send the notices in Oct or Nov of each year. That way, if ex does file and is owed a refund, the CSE can intercept that.

            Comment


            • #7
              I have talked to them for the last 6 months and not getting any where. That is when they told me last week that the way to collect debt for child support would be to go after that amount he paid in fines. He doesnt file taxes because he know that they will take them. I am out of options and the only way he went to jail is when I took him to court myself but I cant take off work all the time to keep going to court.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by racegirl View Post
                That is when they told me last week that the way to collect debt for child support would be to go after that amount he paid in fines.
                Since they think that they can go after the fines, ask them to do so and see what they say.

                Does your ex have a regular job that can be garnished?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Thank you. I talked to attorney general office yesterday and they think that we will be in court within the next two weeks

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X