Trans costs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trans costs

We have a custody agreement since 2001 where it stated non-custodial parent agreed for custodial parent to move to another state with children.
    The agreement stated that non-custodial parent has partial custody of children for all summers, and alternate odd/even years for thxgiving, xmas and spring breaks.
    Since custodial parent moved out of state we have shared the cost of transportation for the children. One pays to send them and other pays to return them.

However, now we only have one child, as the other is over 18.
    After the oldest child turned 18, custodial parent has been giving me problems about sharing the cost of transportation to send the one child, which is less of a cost now than before.
    I filed and are scheduled for a contempt hearing in about a month for not sending the child in two ocassions and making decisions without consulting with me.
    The custodial parent is to send child for thanksgiving and is refusing to share the cost when we have for the 6+ years.
    Should I pay for the entire transporation cost and then ask for reimbursement when we have the contempt hearing, or would that be a waste of time?

Or should I pay for the child's transportation one way and then tell custodial parent to pay for the return. If custodial parent does not, is that giving up custodial rights?

Originally posted by Manny1 View Post
    We have a custody agreement since 2001 where it stated non-custodial parent agreed for custodial parent to move to another state with children.
    The agreement stated that non-custodial parent has partial custody of children for all summers, and alternate odd/even years for thxgiving, xmas and spring breaks.
    Since custodial parent moved out of state we have shared the cost of transportation for the children. One pays to send them and other pays to return them.

However, now we only have one child, as the other is over 18.
    After the oldest child turned 18, custodial parent has been giving me problems about sharing the cost of transportation to send the one child, which is less of a cost now than before.
    I filed and are scheduled for a contempt hearing in about a month for not sending the child in two ocassions and making decisions without consulting with me.
    The custodial parent is to send child for thanksgiving and is refusing to share the cost when we have for the 6+ years.
    Should I pay for the entire transporation cost and then ask for reimbursement when we have the contempt hearing, or would that be a waste of time?

Or should I pay for the child's transportation one way and then tell custodial parent to pay for the return. If custodial parent does not, is that giving up custodial rights?
    I would pay for the cost of coming to your home. then if CP doesn't want to pay the return trip, just ask for reimbursement when in court.

Since one child has emancipated it is time for a modification, have you filed for that yet?

Comment

Thanks.
      Yes, modified since 2008, as soon as my child turned 18.

Comment

Working...
      X