"Gross Income" North Carolina

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Gross Income" North Carolina

I work for a company that we have to use our personal vehicle . I am reimbursed by the company for mileage and wear and tear on the vehicle. I receive this every pay period and it is not taxed by the govt. I was told by cs that this was considered "income" and would be included in cs calculations. How can this be true when uncle sam doesn't even recognize it as income?

Originally posted by k88j28 View Post
    I work for a company that we have to use our personal vehicle . I am reimbursed by the company for mileage and wear and tear on the vehicle. I receive this every pay period and it is not taxed by the govt. I was told by cs that this was considered "income" and would be included in cs calculations. How can this be true when uncle sam doesn't even recognize it as income?

Here is a link to the North Carolina CS Guidelines:

http://www.nccourts.org/Forms/Documents/981.pdf

Here is what the guidelines state regarding expense reimbursements:

Expense reimbursements or in-kind payments (for example, use of a company car, free housing, or reimbursed
    meals) received by a parent in the course of employment, self-employment, or operation of a business are counted as
    income if they are significant and reduce personal living expenses.

So yes, even though it is not taxed, it is considered income for CS computation purposes. Mainly because the reimbursement is reducing your living expenses.
    You can try to argue in court that they shouldn't be included, but it's pretty standard that they are included in income.

What type of work do you do?
    Last edited by xena; 11-05-2009, 10:45 AM.

Comment

I'm a route salesman for (deleted).
      Last edited by cbg; 11-05-2009, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by k88j28 View Post
        I'm a route salesman for (deleted).
        You can try to argue that some of the reimbursment shouldn't be used, but it will be up to the Judge.

Comment

Working...
        X