Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will not sleeping at family home hurt custody case?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will not sleeping at family home hurt custody case?

I told my wife we should separate. The day this was decided she left the house to stay at her mother's with the kids. She was gone Sunday to Wed or Thursday before coming home. Then we agreed the kids should be at home and I should stay somewhere else. I have made several attempts to see the kids but only been "allowed" when it has been convenient for her. In the 36 days we have been separated I have stayed at the family home only while shes had the kids away and on a few occasions with them home. We have not yet agreed to a visitation schedule during the separtation. I want joint physical custody but she refuses. Am I hurting my future custody case at all by not sleeping at the family home consistantly? Will her just taking the kids and leaving for days periodically, leaving me with no visitation look bad for her?

Originally posted by helpingfriend View Post
    I told my wife we should separate. The day this was decided she left the house to stay at her mother's with the kids. She was gone Sunday to Wed or Thursday before coming home. Then we agreed the kids should be at home and I should stay somewhere else. I have made several attempts to see the kids but only been "allowed" when it has been convenient for her. In the 36 days we have been separated I have stayed at the family home only while shes had the kids away and on a few occasions with them home. We have not yet agreed to a visitation schedule during the separtation. I want joint physical custody but she refuses. Am I hurting my future custody case at all by not sleeping at the family home consistantly? Will her just taking the kids and leaving for days periodically, leaving me with no visitation look bad for her?
    Laws vary from state to state.

What is the name of your state?

Comment

Working...
    X