No announcement yet.

Urgent! Need advise & help Illinois

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a nephew in CA that has not seen his son in 4 years. He did not do what was advised. Mothers side went rabid. His wages are garnished and the child is hidden. No DNA test, and court date keeps being put off. He does not make enough to hire a good lawyer.

Read the thread carefully, and follow the advice. Pay now, or pay more later.

Comment

I would have your son call 1-800-447-4278 so he can establish paternity. He may be on hold for alittle while but that is how he can do every thing through the state of Illinois so patetnity can be established.

Comment

Originally posted by racegirl View Post
        I would have your son call 1-800-447-4278 so he can establish paternity. He may be on hold for alittle while but that is how he can do every thing through the state of Illinois so patetnity can be established.
        Of course, calling that # won't establish a custody/parenting time order, so he will have nothing to make sure he actually gets to parent his child.

He will get to establish paternity and pay child support, though.

If he wants an order guaranteeing that he gets to spend time with his child, he has to go through the courts...even if he gets Mom of Baby to agree to parenting time, the agreement needs to be entered as a court order. Otherwise, it's completely worthless.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
        (unique up on him)
        How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
        (same way)

Comment

Working...
        X