X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPH01
    started a topic Rescue A "Little One" in West Virginia West Virginia

Rescue A "Little One" in West Virginia West Virginia

This is a sad story, but, seems typical these days. Sweet and innocent almost three-year-old has unknown father and irresponsible mother. Mother was raised in Texas by yet another irresponsible mother; did not graduate from high school (barely attended school); ran away to Mexico with her baby to be with her 'boyfriend' who was deported and after 2 months begged to return to the US (West Virginia) to start anew. Mother's estranged father agreed to help and move her back.

Since returning 9 months ago, mother has been 'thrown out' of 5 residences; has had 14 or 15 different boyfriends and is about to be evicted from public housing for partying, unsanitary conditions and a list of other violations. She has problems with drugs, tabacco, alcohol and sex.

Out of the last approximately 40 weeks in West Virginia she has left her child in someone else's care over 20 weeks. Predominately, the baby's Great Grandmother. The picture is much worse than I have portrayed, but, I think one would get the idea that this is not a good situation for the child. In my opinion, this borders on child abuse, neglect and abandonment.

The mother has refused any type of assistance from the family, refused to follow counseling and physician orders.

There is strong family support to care for the child and give the child a "chance." If CPS were to be contacted, the mother would flee.

How can the family gain legal custody of the child in an expeditious fashion without the mother having immediate recourse? Any and all advice, thoughts, prayers and considerations are appreciated.
    Last edited by CPH01; 04-11-2009, 04:27 AM.

• xena
    replied
    Originally posted by CPH01 View Post
    This is a sad story, but, seems typical these days. Sweet and innocent almost three-year-old has unknown father and irresponsible mother. Mother was raised in Texas by yet another irresponsible mother; did not graduate from high school (barely attended school); ran away to Mexico with her baby to be with her 'boyfriend' who was deported and after 2 months begged to return to the US (West Virginia) to start anew. Mother's estranged father agreed to help and move her back.

Since returning 9 months ago, mother has been 'thrown out' of 5 residences; has had 14 or 15 different boyfriends and is about to be evicted from public housing for partying, unsanitary conditions and a list of other violations. She has problems with drugs, tabacco, alcohol and sex.

Out of the last approximately 40 weeks in West Virginia she has left her child in someone else's care over 20 weeks. Predominately, the baby's Great Grandmother. The picture is much worse than I have portrayed, but, I think one would get the idea that this is not a good situation for the child. In my opinion, this borders on child abuse, neglect and abandonment.

The mother has refused any type of assistance from the family, refused to follow counseling and physician orders.

There is strong family support to care for the child and give the child a "chance." If CPS were to be contacted, the mother would flee.

How can the family gain legal custody of the child in an expeditious fashion without the mother having immediate recourse? Any and all advice, thoughts, prayers and considerations are appreciated.
    Just by the virtue of being the mother, the mother will have some recourse no matter what steps are taken. This does not mean that she will win, it just means that she can fight it.

The family really needs to hire an attorney, a situation this complicated absolutely must be handled by an attorney.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X