Child Custody in Maryland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child Custody in Maryland

This is awhole mess. The situation. My boyfriend has a daughter from a previous relationship. He and his baby mother broke up and we got together. The baby mother ran off so that my boyfriend Mark couldn't find her the baby mother Bianca was hiding his daughter from him. We recently found out where she is she is living with her new boyfriend. The boyfriend has already sent numerous threats to my boyfriend Mark that if he does anything to Bianca that he will take care of Mark himself. Also Cameron is claiming Mark's daughter as his own, saying that Mark is not taking care of his daughter. When how can he take care of his daughter when he hasn't been able to see her in three almost four months when he use to live with his daughter. Then father of the new boyfriend Cameron involved himself in this whole mess. The father of Cameron is trying to make sure that Mark cannot see his daughter. The father is trying to press charges against my boyfriend for phone harassment when all Mark is trying to do is talk to his daughter.

Can these people and the baby momma keep my boyfriend Mark from his daughter legal. There is no court arrangement for child custody, so he still has full custody. What can we do in this situation can we press charges against the baby momma, the boyfriends father?

I may have left a few details out but not purposely because its a long complicated story. Thx in advance.

Why do think that he has full custody? This is an important question in order to give you information on how your boyfriend should procede.

Were he and the child's mother ever married? Did they ever go to court for anything? Is there an order for visitation or support currently?

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisthedashx0 View Post
      This is awhole mess. The situation. My boyfriend has a daughter from a previous relationship. He and his baby mother broke up and we got together. The baby mother ran off so that my boyfriend Mark couldn't find her the baby mother Bianca was hiding his daughter from him. We recently found out where she is she is living with her new boyfriend. The boyfriend has already sent numerous threats to my boyfriend Mark that if he does anything to Bianca that he will take care of Mark himself. Also Cameron is claiming Mark's daughter as his own, saying that Mark is not taking care of his daughter. When how can he take care of his daughter when he hasn't been able to see her in three almost four months when he use to live with his daughter. Then father of the new boyfriend Cameron involved himself in this whole mess. The father of Cameron is trying to make sure that Mark cannot see his daughter. The father is trying to press charges against my boyfriend for phone harassment when all Mark is trying to do is talk to his daughter.

Can these people and the baby momma keep my boyfriend Mark from his daughter legal. There is no court arrangement for child custody, so he still has full custody. What can we do in this situation can we press charges against the baby momma, the boyfriends father?

I may have left a few details out but not purposely because its a long complicated story. Thx in advance.
      First, since your BF now has an address, he should file to establish paternity and custody ASAP.

Second, does he have proof of the mother's BF's threats?
      If he does, he should file for a protective order. He should file the paternity suit first, then file for the PO.

Comment

okay. my boyfriend never went to court with the mother. they were never married.

Comment

Originally posted by lifeisthedashx0 View Post
          okay. my boyfriend never went to court with the mother. they were never married.
          Since they were not married, and he does not have a court order establishing parentage, your boyfriend does not now nor did he ever have custody. LEGALLY speaking, he is not even the child's legal father. That is how it works when a couple is not married. Because of this, the child's mother is not legally required to let him see or even contact the child.

Your boyfriend needs to file for a determination of parentage, and a determination of custody, visitation and support. He should hire an attorney for this, I wouldn't recommend going it alone.

He will be ordered to take a paternity test, and assuimg the child is in fact his, he will be determined the legal father, and can seek visitaiton. he will also be ordered to pay support. The mothers boyfriend and his father cannot stop this.

As Xena said, if he can document the threats, contact the police and seek a restraining order. But in the meantime, until there are actual orders in place, he should stop trying to contact the mother over the phone. He really has no legal right to contact the baby. He needs to establish those rights. He should file ASAP.

Comment

Working...
          X