Regaining Custody in Indiana Indiana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regaining Custody in Indiana Indiana

My daughter had joint custody with her ex, with her having physical custody of their two young children (under 5 years old). She works as an EMT-A and was taking classes to become a paramedic. These two things made her work 24 hour shifts in a town about 1 hour from family. So she signed physical custody to their daddy, because his mother could watch the children. Since then, they have been put into a horrible daycare. She stayed very much a part of their lives. There is no child support order. She takes care of all their medical and buys all of their clothing. They agreed that she would get the children back when she finished schooling. She has now finished schooling, but he is refusing to let her have the children back. Of course, they didn't put their agreement in writing. Daddy moves the children from one girlfriend's house back to his mother's to another girlfriend's house. The children are always dirty when they get picked up and have tattered and bleached out clothes on. The latest thing is that his "girlfriend" has now filed domestic battery charges on him. This "battery" was done in front of the children. He has not been charged as of yet. The prosecutor is still reviewing. My daughter now has the children during the week, and he gets them every weekend. When they are with my daughter, daddy never tries to contact them. I guess my question is, how hard is it going to be to reverse this child custody? Even though, I do not agree with what she did, she did have the children's best interest in mind. She does not want any child support for these children, she just wants to be able to raise her kids and let them be with their daddy too.

Originally posted by melsebree View Post
    My daughter had joint custody with her ex, with her having physical custody of their two young children (under 5 years old). She works as an EMT-A and was taking classes to become a paramedic. These two things made her work 24 hour shifts in a town about 1 hour from family. So she signed physical custody to their daddy, because his mother could watch the children. Since then, they have been put into a horrible daycare. She stayed very much a part of their lives. There is no child support order. She takes care of all their medical and buys all of their clothing. They agreed that she would get the children back when she finished schooling. She has now finished schooling, but he is refusing to let her have the children back. Of course, they didn't put their agreement in writing. Daddy moves the children from one girlfriend's house back to his mother's to another girlfriend's house. The children are always dirty when they get picked up and have tattered and bleached out clothes on. The latest thing is that his "girlfriend" has now filed domestic battery charges on him. This "battery" was done in front of the children. He has not been charged as of yet. The prosecutor is still reviewing. My daughter now has the children during the week, and he gets them every weekend. When they are with my daughter, daddy never tries to contact them. I guess my question is, how hard is it going to be to reverse this child custody? Even though, I do not agree with what she did, she did have the children's best interest in mind. She does not want any child support for these children, she just wants to be able to raise her kids and let them be with their daddy too.
    Your daughter should get a consuklt with a local attorney ASAP. If they never went to court to have the original ordered modified, she might not have to do anything. However, the only way to be sure will be to get the consult.

Comment

Working...
    X