Ex fled state to avoid being arrested Connecticut

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ex fled state to avoid being arrested Connecticut

Hello all. Here's my situation, my ex (never married) owes about $12,000 in child support and has a capias issued for contempt of court. He has fled the state in an attempt to avoid being arrested.

I have sole custody with "reasonable visits" and overnights at my discretion. With him running from the law I am with-in my rights to NOT send her to him where ever he is IF he requests it?

And what can I do to enforce the capias now that he is no longer in CT?

Originally posted by thestepmama View Post
    Hello all. Here's my situation, my ex (never married) owes about $12,000 in child support and has a capias issued for contempt of court. He has fled the state in an attempt to avoid being arrested.

I have sole custody with "reasonable visits" and overnights at my discretion. With him running from the law I am with-in my rights to NOT send her to him where ever he is IF he requests it?

And what can I do to enforce the capias now that he is no longer in CT?
    If your order simply states "reasonable visits" without specifying days, you are within your rights to refuse to send her to him.

You should remind him of what the order says and tell him that he must come to you for the visits. If he is crazy enough to actually do that, call the police when he shows up.

Do you know where he is living or working?
    If you do, get a certified copy of the warrant, and send it to the authorities where he is at.

Comment

Originally posted by xena View Post
      If your order simply states "reasonable visits" without specifying days, you are within your rights to refuse to send her to him.

You should remind him of what the order says and tell him that he must come to you for the visits. If he is crazy enough to actually do that, call the police when he shows up.

Do you know where he is living or working?
      If you do, get a certified copy of the warrant, and send it to the authorities where he is at.
      All I know is that he is in Florida, he's dumb but not dumb enough to tell me where in FL he is cuz he knows I will let the authorities know.

Comment

Originally posted by thestepmama View Post
        All I know is that he is in Florida, he's dumb but not dumb enough to tell me where in FL he is cuz he knows I will let the authorities know.
        Unfortunately, until you know exactly where he is, there's not much you can do, other than to refuse to send your daughter to him.

Comment

Do you have your ex's SSN?

I ask because there are agencies out there who will be able to find him if he uses his SSN for anything... the state CS agencies are not always adept at doing this when others in the private sector are.

I can't recommend an agency to help you, but I know that my mother-in-law was able to do it herself for a friend (found someone in Alabama through their SSN while she sat at home on her computer in NC).

For $12,000 in arrears, you might find it worth getting help from one of these agencies... or you may not. Just wanted to throw it out there.

Amy

Comment

Working...
          X