hes agreed to it!!! but wait..... Oklahoma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hes agreed to it!!! but wait..... Oklahoma

ok so my sons bio dad has decided to sign adoption papers because they have started to garnish his ssdi, he asked me to start the process. but, the person who i want to adopt my son is his daddy(the man whos been there through every step). can he still adopt him if were not married??? we plan on getting married, we just havent yet. he wants to sign the papers, he wants to legally be my sons father, can we still do this or do we have to married for a year first???

Originally posted by stacy_n View Post
    ok so my sons bio dad has decided to sign adoption papers because they have started to garnish his ssdi, he asked me to start the process. but, the person who i want to adopt my son is his daddy(the man whos been there through every step). can he still adopt him if were not married??? we plan on getting married, we just havent yet. he wants to sign the papers, he wants to legally be my sons father, can we still do this or do we have to married for a year first???
    You need to get a consult with a local adoption attorney. Typically an adoption cannot be done unless the parent is actually married to the adopting step parent, usually for at least 1 year.

Comment

That's what I thought. but he's set on signing them as soon as possible because he doesn't want to pay child support. I called a few attourneys today but everyone was outta office or at court. He was. Tryn to scare me by saying that if I didn't hurry the process up he might just have to fight for partial custody, but I'm not worried about it

Comment

Working...
      X