Father terminating parental rights for himself. Arkansas

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Father terminating parental rights for himself. Arkansas

Hopefully I can break this down to make it simple.

The father of my son lives in Mississippi. I live in Arkansas. We were together on and off but never married. He got me pregnant and left. I haven't heard from him since. He was not there when the child was born. It IS his kid because I was not with anyone else. The child is now 2 years old. I am about to go to court in Arkansas and try to get child support out of him. The father is now married and I called his wife and let her know what was about to happen. She told me that the father was going to file a "termination of all parental rights" form because he wants nothing to do with me or our child ever. And from what some people have said, if he does this, he is not obligated to pay support. Is this true? If he gives up all his rights - he will not have to pay? ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Originally posted by LegalLauren View Post
    Hopefully I can break this down to make it simple.

The father of my son lives in Mississippi. I live in Arkansas. We were together on and off but never married. He got me pregnant and left. I haven't heard from him since. He was not there when the child was born. It IS his kid because I was not with anyone else. The child is now 2 years old. I am about to go to court in Arkansas and try to get child support out of him. The father is now married and I called his wife and let her know what was about to happen. She told me that the father was going to file a "termination of all parental rights" form because he wants nothing to do with me or our child ever. And from what some people have said, if he does this, he is not obligated to pay support. Is this true? If he gives up all his rights - he will not have to pay? ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    No, it is not true. Don't worry, the courts are very used to that ploy and it never works.

Comment

Working...
    X