bio dads suicidal girlfriend???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bio dads suicidal girlfriend???

OKLAHOMA ok so i finally figured out that my sons bio dad is on ssdi, and he gets paid at the first of the month, he has till the 30th to pay his child support, and i know for a fact they have no money from a blog his girlfriend posted, do they start garnishing after 3 or 4 months or when?

on a differnt note, his live in girlfriend (hes married and has not been with his wife for over 15 months) recently tried to commit suicide with HIS prescription pills, and how she had to be institutionalized (red on her blogg) and on an on about how they have to borrow money all the time, anyway, is there anything i can do about my son being anywere around her if he ever tries to get visitation rights?? someone trying to kill theirself cant even take care of themself, how could she possibly handle my 8 mo old son! what can i do to protect him from this???
    Last edited by stacy_n; 09-26-2008, 10:13 PM. Reason: were i live

Originally posted by stacy_n View Post
    OKLAHOMA ok so i finally figured out that my sons bio dad is on ssdi, and he gets paid at the first of the month, he has till the 30th to pay his child support, and i know for a fact they have no money from a blog his girlfriend posted, do they start garnishing after 3 or 4 months or when?

on a differnt note, his live in girlfriend (hes married and has not been with his wife for over 15 months) recently tried to commit suicide with HIS prescription pills, and how she had to be institutionalized (red on her blogg) and on an on about how they have to borrow money all the time, anyway, is there anything i can do about my son being anywere around her if he ever tries to get visitation rights?? someone trying to kill theirself cant even take care of themself, how could she possibly handle my 8 mo old son! what can i do to protect him from this???
    Since you found out for sure that dad is recieving SSDI, the first thing you need to do is contact Social Security to get your son's benefits set up.

If I remember correctly, you do not have a court order for visitation yet.
    If that is correct, you do not have to allow any visits that you are not comfortable with. In the mean time, gather up all of your evidence of possible reasons for supervision if Dad does file for a visitation order.

Comment

I called up there shortly after finding out he was on ssdi and they said I had to have his ssn, I told them I didn't know it, they said I would have to get his birth certificate, I have nevergot it, I'm not exactly sure how to get it either, they said I would have to come down to the office with it and we could start from there, What kind of benefits will he receive through them? Will he still be accountable for child support or are they gonna pay it?

Comment

Originally posted by stacy_n View Post
        I called up there shortly after finding out he was on ssdi and they said I had to have his ssn, I told them I didn't know it, they said I would have to get his birth certificate, I have nevergot it, I'm not exactly sure how to get it either, they said I would have to come down to the office with it and we could start from there, What kind of benefits will he receive through them? Will he still be accountable for child support or are they gonna pay it?
        You need to write ex a letter telling him that you need him to either give you his SSN, or he can go to the SSA himself and set up the payments for your child. In the letter let him know that he has so many days (10 or 14) from the reciept of the letter to do this. Let him know that if he has not done so by the deadline you will be forced to file a motion with the court and have the Judge order him to set up the benefits. Send the letter by certified return reciept mail.

Your child will get a percentage of whatever ex is recieving. Your ex can then petition the court for a modification of the support. The court will order that the child's benefits be credited toward the CS. For example, if the CS order is for $500 per month and your child recieves $200 per month in SS benefits, your ex will have to pay $300 per month.

Comment

i wish i could get that much lol, umm hes complicated, he wont do anything easy. i dont even know his address, all i know is his moms address, and shes a crazy old bat lol, i tried to call him one time and tell him we were having a boy and she was like i'm sorry, but he doesnt know that childs his and i dont know either, so until we do we dont care...... i was like ok. but anyway, he wont alk to me respond to any e-mails i send him, anything! hes making everything very difficult on my end, hes not civil to me at all. its just getting frustrating with everything else going on. what would i have to do to file a motion with the court and have the Judge order him to set up the benefits? just go to the court house or what???

Comment

Does he have a record? Anything... speeding tickets, etc?

If so, you can run his criminal record at the court house (costs like $15) and it will have his last known address on it. (the one that's on his drivers license and considered official).

God Bless!
            Amy

Comment

i know his parents address and thats were he was served with his paternity papers, and on some paper work i recieved there was a po box, but i didnt know if i could send it to his po box, could i go to any court house and file a criminal background or the county he lives in? weve both moved away from each other, around 2 hours if not more away, i didnt move to get away from him i moved because of better job advancement were i live now, he moved back in with his parents then moved somewere else(i knew this place) and then moved again(unknown), today is the 29 and he still hasnt paid his cs, and theres only one more day left in the month sooo, will i just have to wait if he doesnt pay it for them to garnish it, or is there something i can do??

Comment

Oklahoma is an open record state and most counties have their court dockets online. You can look there to see if he has any outstanding warrants and/or previous court dates.

www.oscn.net
                Amateurs built the Ark, Professionals built the Titanic

Comment

ya i know about that web page, they have a link to the non ocis couties, it shows an address but i dunno if its his current address, someone told me that he has moved sice that house. doesnt hurt to try oh and its the 1st and still no child support, starting up on another month owed

Comment

Working...
                  X