child support help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child support help

My daughters father owes $17,000 in child support. He only has to pay $300 a month. Well I haven't been able to find him for years now neither could child support enforcement here in florida. His family is very wealthy and his father bought him a BMW which of course is not in his name. My daughter sees the grandparents every other weekend but wont give up any info on him.
    I googled him and found out he was in Worcester MA and was charged with assault etc.. I did some investigating and found out his Probation Ofiicers name and number. So I wrote my State Rep. and I had the Dep. of Rev. call his PO. and at the moment we are waiting for a case to be made in Massachussets but it will take time.
    This is where my question comes in. His PO said "he lives at a Veterans shelter...atleast that is what is listed here". He is working but there is nothing he can do. He has a brother that lives up there and I know he doesn't sleep at a shelter. How can I verify he is not there? They refuse to give me any info. I know he will take off again if I don't catch him now.

Thanks for your help any advice is appreciated!!!!

Originally posted by sarita97 View Post
    My daughters father owes $17,000 in child support. He only has to pay $300 a month. Well I haven't been able to find him for years now neither could child support enforcement here in florida. His family is very wealthy and his father bought him a BMW which of course is not in his name. My daughter sees the grandparents every other weekend but wont give up any info on him.
    I googled him and found out he was in Worcester MA and was charged with assault etc.. I did some investigating and found out his Probation Ofiicers name and number. So I wrote my State Rep. and I had the Dep. of Rev. call his PO. and at the moment we are waiting for a case to be made in Massachussets but it will take time.
    This is where my question comes in. His PO said "he lives at a Veterans shelter...atleast that is what is listed here". He is working but there is nothing he can do. He has a brother that lives up there and I know he doesn't sleep at a shelter. How can I verify he is not there? They refuse to give me any info. I know he will take off again if I don't catch him now.

Honestly? I think this is the point I would hire a PI.

Another low cost option to attempt to get proof that he is staying at his brother is to send him a certified, return reciept 'letter' (it can just be a blank piece of paper for all you care) at the address where you suspect he is living. He will have to sign for the letter. Voila. If you have a friend who is completely unknown to him, I would have the friend send the 'letter' to him for you.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by sarita97 View Post

The people at the shelter cannot legally give any info to you, unless it is legally subpoened by court order.

Why do you want to verify that he is not at the shelter?

Is it so that he can be served?

Since his PO says he lives at the shelter, you can give the DOR the shelter address and his brother's address. The DOR will use the USPS to try to verify each address that they believe he is living at.

Does the PO know who his employer is? If so, talk to your DOR caseworker and ask that they serve his employer with the IDO.

Comment

oooo now why didn't I think of that! Doing it right now

Comment

Originally posted by xena View Post
          The people at the shelter cannot legally give any info to you, unless it is legally subpoened by court order.

Why do you want to verify that he is not at the shelter?

Is it so that he can be served?

Since his PO says he lives at the shelter, you can give the DOR the shelter address and his brother's address. The DOR will use the USPS to try to verify each address that they believe he is living at.

Does the PO know who his employer is? If so, talk to your DOR caseworker and ask that they serve his employer with the IDO.
          Xena, I was thinking (maybe in error) that she was concerned that he was going to try to avoid child support by saying he lived in a shelter with no income. My response was more focused on proving that he DOES have a home and that he is NOT destitute.

Your response makes more sense to the question she actually asked.
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
          (unique up on him)
          How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
          (same way)

Comment

Now I know they can't legally give me the info because of the Privacy Act but sometimes when you talk to the right person ...Ya never know.

Anyway, I did want to verify his address for several reasons. The first because he will try to say he has no income(homeless). 2nd if I can find his real address up there he won't be so difficult to find next time. O and to serve any future papers. I am dealing with a real con artist here. The only real reason I even found him was because he "attempted" to kill his current girlfriend (DeJa Vu) He thinks this is a game of cat and mouse. Great guy let me tell you.
            I am going to send the letters to these addresses I have and hopefully I can get a signature. In the mean time my daughter is starting middle school and asking for Abercrombie, new shoes, etc. I am 28 and still trying to finish my school! I want Abercrombie too! j/k lol ...I could really use the help now.
            Last edited by sarita97; 05-28-2008, 10:21 AM.

Comment

You have every right to go after him

Try to get whatever help you need from others ...and educate yourself about your rights ...Good luck

Comment

Working...
              X