X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MomofBoys
    started a topic Make me feel better about visitation Illinois

Make me feel better about visitation Illinois

I currently have a very liberally worded visitation order, son's father is to see him "at least once a week" for the next 6 weeks until status, when we will hopefully be on track to set up regular visitations. I am the supervisor of these visits, but there is just tons of wiggle room. Basically we agreed to work together.

So yay, great, this is good, blah blah blah.

Now, he hasn't called. It's been a week, but with his history of disappearing, I am slightly on edge.

This is his visitation, not mine. Is it my responsibility to call HIM and see if he wants to set up a time, or do I wait for him to call?

*taps foot in frustration*

• mommyof4
    replied
    MoB, I agree with the others. Yes, we all know how you feel. We've all been there. He's an adult, he's the one that started this. You are HIS mommy, so you shouldn't have to do this for him.

However, this is about your son. You know how hurt he is going to be if Dad just disappears again with no explanation.

Call him (and as you have been told, make sure there is a record of the call). Don't ask IF he's going to see Baby Boy (from here on out, "BB"). Tell him you are calling to firm up the time he IS going to visit. If he balks, the you need to let him know that HE needs to explain why he isn't going to be around anymore.

Leave a comment:

• ShakinThingzUp
    replied
    Make sure to have records or witnesses of your efforts to call.... in case you need it to help show your efforts.

God bless!
    Amy

Leave a comment:

• xena
    replied
    Originally posted by MomofBoys View Post
    I currently have a very liberally worded visitation order, son's father is to see him "at least once a week" for the next 6 weeks until status, when we will hopefully be on track to set up regular visitations. I am the supervisor of these visits, but there is just tons of wiggle room. Basically we agreed to work together.

So yay, great, this is good, blah blah blah.

Now, he hasn't called. It's been a week, but with his history of disappearing, I am slightly on edge.

This is his visitation, not mine. Is it my responsibility to call HIM and see if he wants to set up a time, or do I wait for him to call?

*taps foot in frustration*
    Technically, it is his responsibilty to call. However, it certainly can't hurt if you go ahead and call him. By doing so, you can strengthen your case by showing that you are willing to work with him, and give him extra help. A CP calling the NCP about visits has never hurt the CP's case.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X