Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child abandonment

Hello all,

i have a 6 month old son. My ex-boyfriend and i had been together on and off for a total of 10years. My son is my first and only child. My ex however has two other boys ages 2 and 5. Just recently we got into and argument resulting in my asking him to move out. Prior to all of this, he was claiming my son as his and is indeed and without a doubt the biological father. Now he is demanding a paternity test. Before he had agreed to pay for half of daycare for the last two weeks of every month and assist with half of the funds required to supply formula, baby food, and diapers for our son. He is already paying child support for the two older boys (both by different women, the oldest living in a different state, and the 2yr old also living here in Georgia). Because of my income, i am not eligible for govt assistance in regards to getting formula for my son. My ex is refusing to assist with anything until a paternity test is conducted, which has put me in a financial strain. He has just recently secured employment after being layed off of his previous job back in April 2007. From that point up until a week ago, I was paying ALL bills and rent and supplying and providing for my son alone, with him living in the home. What are my options as far as getting a paternity test done, filing a child abandonment warrant, and following up with child support?

Originally posted by 2bittersweet View Post
    Hello all,

i have a 6 month old son. My ex-boyfriend and i had been together on and off for a total of 10years. My son is my first and only child. My ex however has two other boys ages 2 and 5. Just recently we got into and argument resulting in my asking him to move out. Prior to all of this, he was claiming my son as his and is indeed and without a doubt the biological father. Now he is demanding a paternity test. Before he had agreed to pay for half of daycare for the last two weeks of every month and assist with half of the funds required to supply formula, baby food, and diapers for our son. He is already paying child support for the two older boys (both by different women, the oldest living in a different state, and the 2yr old also living here in Georgia). Because of my income, i am not eligible for govt assistance in regards to getting formula for my son. My ex is refusing to assist with anything until a paternity test is conducted, which has put me in a financial strain. He has just recently secured employment after being layed off of his previous job back in April 2007. From that point up until a week ago, I was paying ALL bills and rent and supplying and providing for my son alone, with him living in the home. What are my options as far as getting a paternity test done, filing a child abandonment warrant, and following up with child support?
    You will not be able to do anything on the basis of abandonment, for 2 reasons- 1. He has not been declared to be the legal father, therefore, legally, does not have a child to abandon. And 2- it takes one year of no contact, no court ordered support from a legal father before that father is considered as having abandoned his child.

You should file to establish paternity, custody, CS, abd a visitation order. Until you do that, he does not HAVE TO support your child. You can contact the state CSE agency for assistance in filing, or, you can file yourself.

Comment

Working...
    X