Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Young Dad Really Really Need YOur Help!! New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Young Dad Really Really Need YOur Help!! New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma

Young Dad needs advice..

Well for starter im 19 andthe mothr is 19 as well..

The baby was mad in ny she went to the hospital in ny and found out she was pregant,,, we got into a argument 3 months after the result and she left to florida with her mom. I benn in contact with her since the incicdent. well she was due yesterday and i called to figure out what was going out and she cused me out then i hung up.. she left a message saying stay out of "her" daughter life dad to forget about everything dont call her and move on with my life... i cant she has my first daughter in her arms and cant see her... i dont even know if shes born!!! Well I Want to know what should i do from here i have no problem paying child support and im not as mean as her all i want is weekens or something because i know the child needs both parents in her life.

2 thing i wanna know is what i do to find out if shes born and what should i do to start getting atleast wweknds ( remeber shes in fl and im in ny)

and the secound thing is do i have a chance because she said the mother always wins!! Please PLease Help!!!
    Last edited by Dadreallyneedsadvice; 04-18-2008, 06:28 PM.

Originally posted by Dadreallyneedsadvice View Post
    Young Dad needs advice..

Well for starter im 19 andthe mothr is 19 as well..

The baby was mad in ny she went to the hospital in ny and found out she was pregant,,, we got into a argument 3 months after the result and she left to florida with her mom. I benn in contact with her since the incicdent. well she was due yesterday and i called to figure out what was going out and she cused me out then i hung up.. she left a message saying stay out of "her" daughter life dad to forget about everything dont call her and move on with my life... i cant she has my first daughter in her arms and cant see her... i dont even know if shes born!!! Well I Want to know what should i do from here i have no problem paying child support and im not as mean as her all i want is weekens or something because i know the child needs both parents in her life.

2 thing i wanna know is what i do to find out if shes born and what should i do to start getting atleast wweknds ( remeber shes in fl and im in ny)

and the secound thing is do i have a chance because she said the mother always wins!! Please PLease Help!!!
    This post is a contradiction to what you posted last Nov. http://www.laborlawtalk.com/showthread.php?t=182134

In that thread you said the baby was 2 months old, now you're saying that the baby hasn't been born yet?

In any event, you were given the advice to file in FL to establish paternity, CS, visitation, and custody. Why haven't you done that yet?

You can get this done through the FL Dept. of Revenue Child Support Enforcement. You can go to your state's CSE fill out the papers and they will forward them to FL for processing. Here is the website for the FL DOR CSE:
    http://dor.myflorida.com/dor/childsupport/

Comment

First, invest in spell check. When every other word is misspelled (including monosyllabic words like "mad"/"Made" and "dad"/"And", you need some help.

Second, you get an attorney in Florida and file to establish paternity. It will happen in Florida because that is where the child is.

The mother will, most likely, be under no obligation to pay for your travel costs. If you want to be a dad, the court will recommend you move to be close to your daughter or to shoulder the not insignificant financial burden.

Once paternity is established, you can then file for visitation. She will file for child support.
      Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

After reading your other post, I see that you cannot leave NY due to probation.

Not the mother's problem. Not the court's problem.

Looks like you are going to have a large problem.
        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

Originally posted by cyjeff View Post
          The mother will, most likely, be under no obligation to pay for your travel costs. If you want to be a dad, the court will recommend you move to be close to your daughter or to shoulder the not insignificant financial burden.
          One of the few things that Florida has begun to do right in the last year has been to order that one each parent pays one way costs for visitation when the mother left the father's state to come to Florida. Normally the court will order Dad to pay for transportation TO his home, and Mom is ordered to pay for transportation back TO her home. (for once I'm proud of FL's ideas ).

This is kindof new but hopefully the OP's situation will be viewed that way.

Comment

Working...
          X