help! single dad seeks custody Ohio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help! single dad seeks custody Ohio

i filed for custody last june. we have a guardian ad litem. my ex will not, and has not spoken to the guardian, so in order for the guardian to have any recomendation, she has to go to across the country and meet her. im paying. i assume it will be a surprise. im not here to bash my ex and fill everyone in as to why i filed, but i will say im looking real good at this point(for custody).however, i came across some information about my ex, which is why posting this. i found out yesterday that my ex is pregnant(i did not find out from her). my concern is that even though the guardian is very concerned about whats going on and that my concerns are completely valid and on point, that this pregnancy will complicate the case. my question is, would a guardian be hesitant to give the father custody because the mother has become preganant with a half sibling for my son? would that, or could that be a deciding factor?

thanks,
    saddad
    Last edited by saddad; 03-29-2008, 09:04 AM.

Originally posted by saddad View Post
    my question is, would a guardian be hesitant to give the father custody because the mother has become preganant with a half sibling for my son? would that, or could that be a deciding factor?
    The GAL has no authority to give custody to either parent...they are merely appointed to represent the best interest of the child. The recommendation of the GAL is only one of many factors the judge will consider before rendering a decision regarding custody.

I have no idea why the mother being pregnant would be a factor in the decision at all, but each case and each judge is different. WAY too little information here to even make an educated guess.

Comment

Working...
    X