Need Help for my baby boy New York

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help for my baby boy New York

My son's father is a registered sex offender for rape. He was convicted of a felony and lost his visitation. He does not have a job so isnt paying me child support but I dont want it anyway. Can I get his parental rights terminated and if so how? I dont want him around my 8 month old. I dont feel he is a positive influence and I feel my son will be better off without him. Please Help....i dont know what else to do.
    Last edited by amerhoff; 03-27-2008, 05:41 PM.

Originally posted by amerhoff View Post
    My son's father is a registered sex offender for rape. He was convicted of a felony and lost his visitation. He does not have a job so isnt paying me child support but I dont want it anyway. Can I get his parental rights terminated and if so how? I dont want him around my 8 month old. I dont feel he is a positive influence and I feel my son will be better off without him. Please Help....i dont know what else to do.
    Do you have a husband who wishes to adopt?
    Have you been married for at least 1 year?

If not, the court will be hesitant to terminate rights fully. Since visitation rights have been denied, you really have nothing to worry about.

Comment

Did he have his visitation denied by a COURT or by you?

Was his conviction before or after you concieved a child with him?
      HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
      How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
      (unique up on him)
      How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
      (same way)

Comment

Very confusing situation...he lost his visitation, doesn't pay child support, but still has parental rights?

I agree with mommyof4...we need to know how he lost his visitation rights to help you in this situation. That said, it sounds like a very bad situation for you right now, and I hope the folks here on the board can be of some assistance to you. For now, since he has lost visitation rights, be aware that you DO NOT have to allow him to be around you or your son...call the police (each and every time...very important) if he is harassing you. A restraining order may be a good option for you, if necessary.

Comment

Working...
        X