Inmate filing child visitation/custody Pennsylvania

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inmate filing child visitation/custody Pennsylvania

My ex boyfriend who was nothing but trouble since we moved in together has been in state prison for 3 yrs. now for theft and deception/insurance fraud. Unfortunately, we have an 8 yr. old son together. As soon as my ex found out that I got married and moved on with my life, he's been making my life a living hell. This guy is very vindictive, a pathological liar who believes his own lies. He's been making up all kinds of allegations against me & my husband including filing a complaint with the Children and Youth Services that my children were sexually molested by my husband. Since he's very deceitful and wants nothing but to cause trouble, I refused to work things out with him as far as his visitation rights with my son. He filed for custody/visitation and even included my 13 yr. old daughter whom he is not a biological father. This man has relentlessly harrased me by using my children and filed frivolous motions after motions just to cause me grief. I abided by the first custody order by letting his pastor take my son to seen him but he filed a modification saying he wants 6 hours - twice a month visit. He wanted to control me from prison so he's making all kinds of demands enough to emotionally stressed me out. Whenever, I send him pictures of my son ( to abide the court order), he turns around and file a motion saying my husband put a threatening letter in my mail (which is completely untrue). He uses anything that I say to his family against me, which forced me to stay away from them. This man has also written all kinds of threatening letters to me. I am financially burdened right now with legal fees to fight for his harrasment. How can I stop this man from tormenting me? I am afraid for my husband and children and afraid this man is going to destroy my family if the court allows him to constantly manipulate the system to get what he wants. This man is very dangerous as he is a pathological liar and he is so believable and powerful with getting his lies through. Unless he can get away with his actions, he's not going to stop. I am not impressed with my lawyer and I can't really afford to hire a good one. I am so desperate for any legal advice anyone can fgive me. Please help me! I love my children very much and I'm worried!
    Last edited by jlingle42; 03-15-2008, 07:15 PM.

Originally posted by jlingle42 View Post
    My ex boyfriend who was nothing but trouble since we moved in together has been in state prison for 3 yrs. now for theft and deception/insurance fraud. Unfortunately, we have an 8 yr. old son together. As soon as my ex found out that I got married and moved on with my life, he's been making my life a living hell. This guy is very vindictive, a pathological liar who believes his own lies. He's been making up all kinds of allegations against me & my husband including filing a complaint with the Children and Youth Services that my children were sexually molested by my husband. Since he's very deceitful and wants nothing but to cause trouble, I refused to work things out with him as far as his visitation rights with my son. He filed for custody/visitation and even included my 13 yr. old daughter whom he is not a biological father. This man has relentlessly harrased me by using my children and filed frivolous motions after motions just to cause me grief. I abided by the first custody order by letting his pastor take my son to seen him but he filed a modification saying he wants 6 hours - twice a month visit. He wanted to control me from prison so he's making all kinds of demands enough to emotionally stressed me out. Whenever, I send him pictures of my son ( to abide the court order), he turns around and file a motion saying my husband put a threatening letter in my mail (which is completely untrue). He uses anything that I say to his family against me, which forced me to stay away from them. This man has also written all kinds of threatening letters to me. I am financially burdened right now with legal fees to fight for his harrasment. How can I stop this man from tormenting me? I am afraid for my husband and children and afraid this man is going to destroy my family if the court allows him to constantly manipulate the system to get what he wants. This man is very dangerous as he is a pathological liar and he is so believable and powerful with getting his lies through. Unless he can get away with his actions, he's not going to stop. I am not impressed with my lawyer and I can't really afford to hire a good one. I am so desperate for any legal advice anyone can fgive me. Please help me! I love my children very much and I'm worried!
    First, you have to follow the court order to a tee. Second, you'll need to either get your attorney to take action, or hire another one. If your ex's motions are frivolous, a decent attorney will be able to get the motions dismissed and request sanctions for filing frivolous motions.

There is one thing in your post that concerns me and if it is a habit, or becomes a habit it can harm your case in court:
    You wrote- "I abided by the first custody order by letting his pastor take my son to seen him but he filed a modification saying he wants 6 hours - twice a month visit."

Although you don't like your ex, he IS your son's father, so do not use the "my son" phrase, it can show alienation and that will hurt your case. Instead, use the phrase "our son" or "his son", that will help your case.

Comment

I don't have much to offer to help. However, I will suggest a different method for sending the court ordered pictures. He cannot claim that threatening letters have arrived with them if you handle that part with care...

One option is to hand deliver them yourself, to the jail. I believe they document everything that is brought and if it is a picture (not inside an envelope) that is what is documented. No "letter" will be documented. You could also send the pictures with your son & the pastor...... Hopefully, the pastor is an honest enough fellow that will say he delivered ONLY a picture.

I wish I had better advice for you.
      God Bless!
      Amy

Comment

Simular ex

My soon to be ex husband at that time went to jail for buy drugs and he kept calling me and horracing me same as yours. I wrote a letter to the jail and told him of his antics, after that he was not able to call me anymore.

Comment

Simular ex

My soon to be ex husband at that time went to jail for buy drugs and he kept calling me and horracing me same as yours. I wrote a letter to the jail and told him of his antics, after that he was not able to call me anymore.

Comment

Working...
          X