No announcement yet.

Father and child support issues Illinois

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i have never been to court to lower child support i was trying to help the man out with his questions
    Then what is this??

I JUST WANT TO SAY YOU CAN GO IN COURT AT ANY TIME AND DO A MOTIFICATION IT IS NO DIFFERENT IF YOU GET A BETTER JOB OR GET A JOB THAT PAYS LESS I HAVE BEEN GOING TO COURT FOR 4 YRS NOW
    and this???

Originally Posted by lotsof help
    but what i was trying to get across to you did understand what i was talking about and i have been in court for 4 yrs and i have no lawyer i do not go through public aid i do all the motions and orders by myself so do not sit there and say i gave bad advice
    Okay, let me try to figure this out. Your EX is taking you to court every year to get HIS support order modified or YOU are taking him to court every year to try to enforce the order? You do NOT make CS orders yourself. You have no authority to do so.

You know what? Forget it.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

he has never lowered his support and he pays maybe twice a yr the child support the judge just increased because he doesn't like to pay and in court he told the judge he dosn't pay child support because he has a drug problem so it went for 60weekly and 12 in arrears to 60 weekly and 30 in arrears he has been to jail and he is proabbly going back i am not hear to fight over it but i did not give bad advice you can get it lowered that all i was trying to say

Comment

So, your ex's child support and payment for arrears was INCREASED????

That is the EXACT opposite of this posters situation and the EXACT opposite of what you advised him to do.
        HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
        (unique up on him)
        (same way)

Comment

yes but that man got a lower paying job mine has not filed taxes in 3 yrs because u have to work to file taxes

Comment

Stop telling people they can have their cs modified downward just because the choose to be unemployed or underemployed. It's wrong, as you should know. After all, it didn't work for your ex, did it?
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            (unique up on him)
            (same way)

Comment

i said you can do that when your income changes from lower to higher to u ****ing get it

Comment

do u understand he has never tried to lower is support to i need to hell it to u so u get it

Comment

i did not say u can change when you have no job

Comment

It's Not About the Non-Custodial Parent . . .

As a single mom who has been responsible for raising my 12 yr old son on my own his entire life I find it sad that parents who have to pay think that the custodial parents are out partying on their money. First, it takes 2 people to create a child and therefore each should be responsible for 50% of the expenses. Most guys argue that they had no rights when it came to bringing the child into the world, however these men had every right to put on a condom or use some other form of birth control when they dipped into the well. There are worse things than pregnancy when you're having unprotected sex - but I digress . . .

If I spend $250/month on "our" son why am I responsible for paying your $125? Just because you don't have a job, the kid doesn't stop needing shoes, food or a roof. For the special guy who thinks that women collecting child support are uneducated with horrible jobs. Please note, I have 4 degrees with an MBA in Management/Marketing. Last year I earned over $80,000. When my ex left I had a dead end job and no degree. I have never taken $1 of welfare, but for those who had no alternative - there is no shame to putting aside your pride to care for your kids. I budgeted, struggled and did without a lot of things. Not every woman requesting child support is a man-hater or trying to take advantage. My ex is over $16,000 in arrears. Do you know how many payments he had to miss if his biweekly payment is only $89? This doesn't even get into the late payments. However, my kid will be going to college in 6 years and what kind of idiot would I be if I didn't try to get reimbursed for his half of the cost of raising our child? He hasn't bought shoes, paid medical or missed days of work when his son was sick.

I have not forgotten the purpose of child support and the male morons out there who slept with crackheads and bed-bouncers shouldn't be angry now because of their situation. You screwed yourself when you screwed them.

As for the women . . . if you have 2, 3, 4, or more children with more than 2 dads and you had it hard with kids 1 & 2 - why are you angry? Absolutely, the men should be responsible for their kids, but if your life is hard - it's your fault. If you are into roughnecks, drug dealers, married guys and guys who already had kids they weren't taking care of - what made you think you were special?

Believe me I don't spend my days worrying about where my ex is. For me this is business. I wouldn't walk down the street and let someone take $16k out of my pocket without a fight and I won't allow him to do it either. Love is Love, but Business is Business.

Comment

I Agree With You 100%!

Comment

I agree that both the custodial and non-custodial parent should work and support their children. Child Support situations are generally NOT fair. I don't think either parent should be allowed to not support their children. My husband has to support his fully because his ex refuses to work.

She claimed that she wanted to "stay home with the children". Which in the cases of most mothers, would be an admirable thing to want to do. However, in my opinion, that would mean the mother wanted to help the child with his skills in talking, reading, writing, doing basic functions. However, the younger one who is now almost 5 has been in pre-school since age 3 and CANNOT talk. He can't form a sentence. He talks like a jibberish 18 month old. So, obviously he didn't get much benefit from his mother staying at home with him.

The older child who is 7 can't tie his shoes and even struggles putting his clothes on. He gets frustrated and cries when trying to put on velcro shoes. He can't put on his own socks. He has been allowed to get "lazy" and pee the bed. I know some kids have a serious and true problem with this, but he has been laying in bed AWAKE and just pees because he has been allowed to be lazy and not made to get up to go pee.

I have pictures of the children with bruises, cuts - way more than what most would consider normal and although the mother has been reported to Child Services, they have done nothing because she is friends with the worker in her town. The youngest had a mark on his face two years ago in the shape of a paperclip. It looked as if it had been burned on there someway. Again, no one seemed to think it was any big deal.

Why should fathers have to bear the full brunt of providing support for the child? Why should mothers be allowed to collect child support and welfare and food stamps just because they don't want to get a job?

(I realize that not all mothers and fathers are like this and that this is my situation and it stinks that the law supports such lazy people)

Comment

Originally posted by Tired_of_Being_Tired View Post
                          As a single mom who has been responsible for raising my 12 yr old son on my own his entire life I find it sad that parents who have to pay think that the custodial parents are out partying on their money. First, it takes 2 people to create a child and therefore each should be responsible for 50% of the expenses. Most guys argue that they had no rights when it came to bringing the child into the world, however these men had every right to put on a condom or use some other form of birth control when they dipped into the well. There are worse things than pregnancy when you're having unprotected sex - but I digress . . .

If I spend $250/month on "our" son why am I responsible for paying your $125? Just because you don't have a job, the kid doesn't stop needing shoes, food or a roof. For the special guy who thinks that women collecting child support are uneducated with horrible jobs. Please note, I have 4 degrees with an MBA in Management/Marketing. Last year I earned over $80,000. When my ex left I had a dead end job and no degree. I have never taken $1 of welfare, but for those who had no alternative - there is no shame to putting aside your pride to care for your kids. I budgeted, struggled and did without a lot of things. Not every woman requesting child support is a man-hater or trying to take advantage. My ex is over $16,000 in arrears. Do you know how many payments he had to miss if his biweekly payment is only $89? This doesn't even get into the late payments. However, my kid will be going to college in 6 years and what kind of idiot would I be if I didn't try to get reimbursed for his half of the cost of raising our child? He hasn't bought shoes, paid medical or missed days of work when his son was sick.
                          What about situations though where the NCP ends up providing 100% or more of support for the child? That can happen pretty easily in a state like Illinois where child support is a flat % of the NCP's income based on number of children. In these cases, the CP has no duty to financially support the child/children and can even stand to profit from child support.

I realize there are a lot of CP's who don't get the child support they deserve and struggle to make ends meet for their children. But there is also a flip side and in my opinion it's just as bad when the burden of financial support is all on the NCP as when it's all on the CP.

Comment

Working...
                          X