Oregon...can my X move to anothe state with my kids

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon...can my X move to anothe state with my kids

My x-wife of 9 years is in her second failing marriage and is contemplating moving out of state and taking our two kids with her. Our kids are 10 and 14. We both have 50% legal custody and she has 100% physical custody.

Can she legally move out of the state with my kids? Do I have any legal recourse to stop her from doing so? I would hate for my kids to move so far away.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Last edited by blackbeardown; 01-19-2008, 09:33 PM.

Do you have any visitation at this time? If there is a custody order, there should be some clause in there that a parent moving out of state has to notify the court in advance by (usually) 60 days. If you have 50/50 legal, she cannot just up and move. Really read your custody order word for word, page for page.
    Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio "Step" Mom View Post
      Do you have any visitation at this time? If there is a custody order, there should be some clause in there that a parent moving out of state has to notify the court in advance by (usually) 60 days. If you have 50/50 legal, she cannot just up and move. Really read your custody order word for word, page for page.
      I do have visitation. There is a custody order...I will check into it closely. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
      X