child support and ged New Jersey

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• child support and ged New Jersey

Does child support end if my son drops out of school to get his GED at night school.He will be 18 in April.
    Last edited by Doreen; 01-15-2008, 01:25 PM.

Where is he living?

NJ orders that CS is paid until the child is 18, minimum.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

child support and GED New Jersey

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
      Where is he living?

NJ orders that CS is paid until the child is 18, minimum.
      He lives with me in NJ.Child support has to be paid until child is a full-time student which can be upto 23 years old.But is night school considered full-time??

Comment

child support and GED New Jersey

Originally posted by Doreen View Post
        He lives with me in NJ.Child support has to be paid until child is a full-time student which can be upto 23 years old.But is night school considered full-time??
        He lives with me in NJ.

Comment

You're missing the point. Whether he is in school full time or not, your son is not 18 and is still living at home.

Child support will continue until he is 18 and has graduated from HS. If he already has graduated (or in your case, quit and recieved his GED) the CS must still be paid until he is 18.

If your son is not continuing his education after he is 18, the other parent will most likely not be required to pay CS until your son is 23. The other parent will have to file for modification of the order to stop CS when your son is 18.
          HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
          How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
          (unique up on him)
          How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
          (same way)

Comment

Thanks for replying back.But I am wondering if he turns 18 in April and he has to sign up for night school in Sept.Night school is about 5 months.Is it considered full time for child support standards?

Comment

Hi, I live in New Jersey and I think the best thing for you to do is call CS customer service, the number is 1-877-NJ KIDS 1. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
              X