Should we get a transcript: Indiana

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should we get a transcript: Indiana

My SO just took his horrible ex-wife (the custodial parent) to court because she wasn't allowing him visitation of either of his daughters and wouldn't comply at all with the Indiana Parenting Time Guidelines. He is going to go for custody, we are just waiting a couple more months till we save up enough money. I was wondering how much a transcript generally is and how long it takes. I called the court house and was told it'd be $3 a page and it would take atleast 2-3 months and most likely longer. I thought it had to be done in a reasonable time, and she said that it'd most likely be 6 months to a year is this normal???

I also wondered if it's even worth getting one, the only reason we want it is because she lied under oath that she had taken the oldest daughter to the doctors and he had said she didn't need the antibiotics... my SO had taken the ODD to the ER on the weekend because she had a very high fever 104 with ibuprofen and was coughing a puking a lot since she was dropped off with what her mom had said was medicine, but it was obviously gummy candy her mom is so stupid to drop her off at that time with a 103.5 fever and puking with out giving her any meds or taking her to the doctor since it was a friday. My SO had called the doctor to confirm the appt and the fact that even though the ER said it looked like pneumonia, that she didn't need the antibiotics. We just want to have written proof that she lied and also that she didn't follow up on her illness (which she does all the time) for when we go for custody...

so should we even get a transcript? Thanks!
    Paul

Her testimony should have been addressed during THAT proceeding....Why wasn't it? If your boyfriend or his attorney were not prepared to refute her testimony at that time it's too late now. Being ill-prepared is not grounds for an appeal.
    Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

Originally posted by Baystategirl View Post
      Her testimony should have been addressed during THAT proceeding....Why wasn't it? If your boyfriend or his attorney were not prepared to refute her testimony at that time it's too late now. Being ill-prepared is not grounds for an appeal.
      one of the reasons for the court hearing was that she didn't give us the doctors information so there was no way for us to know if she was lying or not until the judge ordered her to give him the doctors name, along with other things that she was in contempt about.
      Paul

Comment

Originally posted by hidden_star View Post
        one of the reasons for the court hearing was that she didn't give us the doctors information so there was no way for us to know if she was lying or not until the judge ordered her to give him the doctors name, along with other things that she was in contempt about.
        It's still not enough.

Beverly...I'm going to give YOU some advice..And I say this in hope that you will consider it carefully.

You need to remove the "us" and "we" from you posts. There is no "we" in this situation...Just Mom and Dad. I know you love you boyfriend and are trying to help...But the court frown on overstepping step-parents and absolutely will DESTROY your fiancÚ if he allows you to overstep in this situation. The mother to this child very well be a stupid idiot...But she IS the mother to this child and your attitude has to change unless you want to create problems. And after all...HE had sex with her...so if she is such a nitwit, then what does that say about your fiancÚ?
        Please Note: My "warm and fuzzy" font is not working, therefor my posts will be direct and to the point.

Thank you in advance for your anticipated understanding.

Bay

Comment

Beverly,

Based on our custody hearing in NC (my husband gained custody of his bio-daughter - 2003), I would suggest the following:

1 - Don't worry about the lying under oath or the transcript. Instead focus on the facts that you now have proof of - that she did not follow up on the medical care. If your attorney wants to bring up the previous case & lying under oath, let him handle that one in court.

2 - She is correct in saying that the court will slay him for your interference. I was married to my husband during our court battle, but the judge still made very certain that I was not the "cause" for the case - so much so that he even TOLD me that bluntly during the court hearing.

However, there are things you CAN do to help. Keep a journal of everything, and gather all the records you can, track down everything for your boyfriend. He will need to sign for the childs school & medical records, but you can make arrangements to get them, go with him & keep everything organized for the attorney. You can be used as a witness, IF you learn to answer questions the right way (yes, my boyfriend did this, I was there, yes, I helped my boyfriend with this, etc). Your boyfriends attorney can help you with that....

My step daughter's bio-mom did the same - not following up on medical care, and making matters worse (she put COLD SORE MEDICINE in the child's eye by mistake, rather than EYE DROPS...... talk about idiotic). We had the doctors notes, from the Emergency room stating that.....

Get the following:

Local Hospital Records (check any not just the most likely one)
          Doctor records
          Health Department Records (some moms often go there for cheaper care)
          School Records
          Criminal History check on mom
          Criminial History check on moms boyfriends
          Criminal History check on anyone you can prove is in that house regularly
          Social Services............. have your ATTORNEY talk with them. You just get him a caseworkers name. If any calls have been made (complaints) whether they are substantiated or not, he can subpeona the caseworker. They won't tell you or Dad anything, but they can be ordered to do so by a judge.

Forgot this, came back to add it.......... DENTAL RECORDS (Often overlooked by neglectful parents. Our 9 yr old daughter had not been to a dentist but ONCE in her life, she was uncooperative & her mom never took her back) - Judge really hated hearing that.

God Bless!
          Amy
          Last edited by ShakinThingzUp; 01-15-2008, 07:29 AM.

Comment

thanks Amy!
            we, or to make you happy, bay, "Paul" decided (even though it was "we" becuz we are in a relationship and talk about everything and like to agree on stuff) that we don't need the transcript, and that the ER papers and the medical records are enough

also on the dental note, the ex only took the 6 yr old to the dentist just the other day for the first time (after Paul begged her to take her since it's completely covered by the insurance), Paul called the dentist to make sure of this and the dentist said he's going to have to pull 5 teeth and cap about 5 more, but we are pretty sure the ex isn't going to take her again

Bay,
            I only asked because Paul wanted to know and I couldn't find any info online, Paul also asked me to call for the transcript because he didn't know what to say to them, but he is the one doing everything, I'm just in charge of filing in a nice little file system we have
            also about the comment of my SO, I think that was uncalled for, I know you are blunt and to the point, but I don't think you should have said that...there are some things you don't know about someone until you live with them, do they screw the cap back on the toothpaste, do they drink out of the milk carton, etc. He didn't know until he filed for divorce that she had a history of being in mental hospitals and a history of violence, she was very physically and emotionally abusive in their relationship after they married, he tried to make it work, but he could not stand having to sleep with one eye open and having her almost daily come at him with a knife, he tried to take his daughter with him, but she called the police and said that the daughter has to stay with the mother, even though he's called the police before because he was scared for his life, but since he didn't have any major cuts on him, they never arrested her...yes, the cops in this area thought that women aren't capable of abusing someone
            I am proud that he tried so hard to make it work and is trying hard to build a custody case against her and I am not trying to be the mother here, only wanting to help my SO get custody of his daughter who has a neglectful mother and an abusive household
            Last edited by hidden_star; 01-15-2008, 10:45 PM.
            Paul

Comment

You entirely missed the point that Baystategirl was trying to make (and she did it very nicely, too).
              HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
              How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
              (unique up on him)
              How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
              (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
                You entirely missed the point that Baystategirl was trying to make (and she did it very nicely, too).
                I got the point:
                I need to back off of the custody case
                well, I'm not that involved, I'm not trying to be the mom, I just file stuff and do some research occassionally

My attitude needs to change:
                well, considering she's the one being rude, I don't think my attitude is the problem, but I'm not going to stop thinking that the mom is a very stupid mother who can't take care of her children, but I'm not interfereing with her mothering

"HE had sex with her...so if she is such a nitwit, then what does that say about your fiancÚ?":
                now that is completely uncalled for, the mom is a nitwit, but just because she is doesn't mean that my SO is, in fact, doesn't it say more about him that he got out of that horrible relationship and is trying to get custody of his kids? I don't even see why this was put into the post, just to be mean?

is there another point that I don't get, and am I so wrong to get upset that she's saying that about my SO?
                Paul

Comment

Working...
                X