No announcement yet.

Mediation Help - Illinois

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first husband tried to prohibit my second husband from driving our daughters anywhere. My work schedule had me getting off work at 11 pm, well after the 6 pm exchange time on Sundays after his weekends. Several times in a row, he would not allow my second husband to pick up the girls for me. We ended up in court over it and the judge ruled that he was being unreasonable and that my second husband was permitted to provide transportation for the children as had been customary prior to his motion for custody.

Also, do not allow anyone to intimidate you. Not the jerk or the mediator. Sometimes they try to pressure you into making a decision right there and then. If you feel uncomfortable with something, don't agree to it. You don't have to get everything decided at this first meeting.
    Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

I know you all have been clinging to the edges of your seats, desperate to hear how my mediation went.

After all, MomofBoys, you put so much thought, stress, worry, time, contemplation, consideration, worry and dare we even say reflective musing into this process. How did it turn out??

Hmmmmmm?????

Answer: he was a no show.

Comment

What a jackarse!!!! lololol

Yea!!!!! For you and the kiddo. I think now is the time to file for that step parent adoption. Let him contest that and be a no show.
        Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

Have a Relaxing Christmas now.

Do you both need to still pay the mediator even though he never showed up? Was his lawyer there?

I am sure this will be noted by them all the next time he brings the issue up again.

Comment

I did not have to pay.

The mediator's assistant (I never actually met the mediator -- but there was a particularly LOUD mediation going on at the time we arrived and my husband and I were trying really hard to eavesdrop- ha!) said she tried to get in touch with "P" over the phone, but he never returned her call. So she sent him a letter about the mediation. The mediator's office had also sent us BOTH a letter containing information about the process, that specifically said we were to contact them upon receipt of the letter. Not to mention the mediation was court ordered, so we both knew before ANY correspondence from the mediator or his office (via our lawyers) who the mediator was and that we had one week to set up mediation. I know for a fact that they have his correct address (because I checked). Apparently, the mediator's assistant was also in contact with Box of Rocks (P's attorney) because she could not reach him. He will have a very hard time arguing that he was unaware of the mediation.

I have to say, the assistant was surprised. She actually seemed to fell bad about the whole deal. This interested me, because CERTAINLY these people have seen their fair share of angry exes and all out wackjobs. It must be a big deal when someone misses court appointed mediation. What is this guy thinking?

My attorney, who I called when I got home, was FLOORED. I mean, hopping mad.

Tomorrow, she will send a fax to Box of Rocks about her client's no-show. At this time, she will ask P (through Box of Rocks) to volunteer to relinquish his rights, as my husband is ready and willing to adopt and meets all the state requirements. We'll see where it goes from there.

I believe, however, and you all can probably nod your heads in agreement, that if he does NOT consent to the adoption, then at the next status meeting, another mediation will be ordered, as he will get yet ANOTHER bite at the apple.

Personal note:
            After my son fell asleep tonight, I sat on his bed and just stared at him. I love this little boy. He is a true gift. If his biological father wants to be a part of his life, then he should. But I sure am sick of this sh!t. Enough already. Be a father or let him go.

Comment

Originally posted by MomofBoys View Post
              I did not have to pay.
              Personal note:
              After my son fell asleep tonight, I sat on his bed and just stared at him. I love this little boy. He is a true gift. If his biological father wants to be a part of his life, then he should. But I sure am sick of this sh!t. Enough already. Be a father or let him go.
              Ya know, I've had this same thought after putting Little Bit down for the night ('cept the whole....I'm a mom and she's a girl and J is the one holding things up and not DOT lol)

Dang it all girl you made my eyeballs wet!!!!!! lol

Comment

Based on some of your other posts, I can not say this surprised me.

I am sure you have already talked to your lawyer about this, but maybe now is the time to take the bulls by the horn. I think you should ask for a judgment for child support at your next status hearing. I believe what you can file is an Order for Temporary Relief. This will require that he start paying something while you start subpoenaing his tax records and pay history. I doubt you will ever see a cent, but put the pressure on him. He opened this door, it is time to finish it. Hit him with everything you got. Your little guy deserves to not have to deal with this ever again, and so do you and your husband.

Good luck to you, and tell the little one to enjoy the holiday with his REAL dad.

Comment

Sigh...why am I not surprised?

It's almost like he gets this misty, mushy dream of them spending time together and says, "Yeah! We need to be together. After all, he MUST be missing me!".

He gets himself all wound up and gung ho.... and then wakes up the next morning and completely forgets what he was dreaming about.

I'm sorry about all of the anxiety you went through (I didn't post anything because you seemed to be on top of everything without any extra input from me ) but am glad that at least you don't have to worry about Christmas and have more ammunition in case he pulls this stunt in the future, but somehow manages to use mapquest to actually find his way to court.
                  HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                  How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
                  (unique up on him)
                  How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
                  (same way)

Comment

momofboys,

I can not remember if you said when your next mediation was. Have you heard anything from "P" or his lawyer? Keep us up to date. It is almost like a soap opera, and I am dieing to see how it ends.

Comment

Working...
                    X