Dad Really need help ny New York

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dad Really need help ny New York

Hey All. Well Im 19 Years old My Ex- Girlfriend just gave birth to my baby boy he is about 2 month almost. i am currently not working because of a car accident. Im not disabled or reALLY hurt in any but my boss told me to take a while off. well i have been supporting this girl from day one i have recieps of clothes, sneakers ect... i have been giving her money order of 50 dollars a week even though im not working. she took the child to florida and for some reason dosent want to come back. her mom never liked me from day oone she went out there to visit her and her mom persuaded her to satay and really miss my son. i have tried several times to talk to her and try to do it the easy way because i dont want my child going thru this but its not fair i always tell her why do you think you got more right than me?? she said because i carried him for 9 months and breastfeed him i understand that but its not fair. i just want some advice on whats steps to take on getting my child back. and even if i have a chance.. please anything will help.. all i need to know is really what to do and if i have a chance anyones knowledge will help thanks

You must first go to court and seek a paternity order to establish yourself as the Father. Regardless of if you signed Birth Cert. Once you have been established as Father seek a custody/visitation order.
    http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

go down and file in the county the baby was born to establish paternity and support......... Just so you know once mom and baby are in florida for 6 months they are considered legal residents and everything will have to be filled there unless you get the ball rolling now... As of now you have no rights to the child untill everything is esablished.. Are you on the birth certificate? Any money you give her now will be considered a gift by the courts eyes just keep doing the right thing and have proof of everything.... Good lucjk and keep us posted....

Comment

By the way, once you start the court process, do not send her another dime.

Put it in a savings account until the court says to pay. Otherwise, everything you have sent will be considered a "gift" and you will get to pay it twice.
        Not everything that makes you mad, sad or uncomfortable is legally actionable.

I am not now nor ever was an attorney.

Any statements I make are based purely upon my personal experiences and research which may or may not be accurate in a court of law.

Comment

No

I Cant Go Out Of The State Due TO Probation Nothing Serious Just Cant Violate It.. Can Everything be done from ny because thats what she keeps using against me, thanks so much giys really appreciate it

Comment

Didnt Sign

No Im NOt On The Birth Certifacte Cause I Cant Go To Florida

Comment

Talk to your probation Officer then
              http://www.parentnook.com/forum/

Comment

what state was the child born in? since the child is only 2 mo and she has to live in fl 6 months to be a resident, Everything will have to be filed in the state where the baby was born.
                if it is out of state, your best bet is to get an atty in that state
                you will need to file to establish paternity which means you will either both have to agree OR you take a dna test (which you will pay for). keep in mind that you are under no obligation to give her ANY money and she is under no obligation to keep in contact with you until a court orders it. the longer you wait, the worse it could be.

Comment

little advise.

You can file for a court order DNA and at the same time get the ball rolling on Parental rights in NY. If you file here before she does and the baby was born in NY you will have the upper hand. So do it now. That is also true. DO NOT GIVE her anymore money put it in an account under baby and your name. So when the time comes you can show where you have been putting money away for your baby cause you may have to use it to pay child support once you are proven to be the father. If you give her money then it is a gift and you will have to maybe pay twice. DO NOT take that chance. If you want to send clothes diapers etc. that is good idea just keep a log an receipts. My brother has gone through something just like you and well that is the best advise I can give.. GOOD LUCK

Comment

Originally posted by edwardnatalie View Post
                    You can file for a court order DNA and at the same time get the ball rolling on Parental rights in NY. If you file here before she does and the baby was born in NY you will have the upper hand. So do it now. That is also true. DO NOT GIVE her anymore money put it in an account under baby and your name. So when the time comes you can show where you have been putting money away for your baby cause you may have to use it to pay child support once you are proven to be the father. If you give her money then it is a gift and you will have to maybe pay twice. DO NOT take that chance. If you want to send clothes diapers etc. that is good idea just keep a log an receipts. My brother has gone through something just like you and well that is the best advise I can give.. GOOD LUCK
                    After reading the OP's other posts, the mother left for FL long before the baby was born, so the OP will have to file in FL. Since this thread is 5 months old, hopefully the OP has already filed.

Comment

Working...
                    X