Can I relocate to NC with child? Pennsylvania

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I relocate to NC with child? Pennsylvania

I wanted to kno if i am able to move to NC with my child and fiance (he may have a great job opportunity) My daughter is 6 yrs old, she sees her father eo weekend, if that....he is against the move. We were never married...

Does he have court ordered visitations? If so, your move would interfere with his ability to see his child every other weekend. You would need to go back to court and prove that the move is in the best interest of the child.

Comment

Originally posted by LyndroPA View Post
      I wanted to kno if i am able to move to NC with my child and fiance (he may have a great job opportunity) My daughter is 6 yrs old, she sees her father eo weekend, if that....he is against the move. We were never married...

If he disagrees with the move, as the previous poster said, you'll need to file with the court to ask permission and prove that a move will be in your daughter's best interest.

Since her father is a big part of her life, you're going to need some very good reasons because courts do not like to seperate children from thier non custodial parent.

Comment

duplicate post, by the way.
        Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Working...
        X