Florida/sending me off 2 a crackhead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Florida/sending me off 2 a crackhead

My mom has been in jail for 5 years for major drug charges. She calls me every once in a while. i live iwth my dad who i am having complications with. She has offered to take me in now that she is out and has her own place. I heard her and my dad talking about it. I don't believe its fair to send me off with some crack head but not to my 21 year old brother who has a job and can take care of me.

here are my questions:

1. Can he really make me live with her?
    2. won't they do a background check on herbefore they actually make me go with her?
    3. can i or my brother fight this?
    war with yourself causes war with others

As you are a child, it really doesn't make a huge difference what you think is fair or not.

Yes, if your father tells you to go live with your mother, then that's where you will go.

Your brother has no standing in any of this (not to mention he obviously has his own issues to deal with.)

Maybe your father is tired of putting up with your attitude and criminal pranks and feels your mother will have a better effect.
    HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
    How do you catch a very rare rabbit?
    (unique up on him)
    How do catch an ordinary rabbit?
    (same way)

Comment

Originally posted by mommyof4 View Post
      As you are a child, it really doesn't make a huge difference what you think is fair or not.

Yes, if your father tells you to go live with your mother, then that's where you will go.

Your brother has no standing in any of this (not to mention he obviously has his own issues to deal with.)

Maybe your father is tired of putting up with your attitude and criminal pranks and feels your mother will have a better effect.
      Agreed. Legal and accurate. Especially about the last part.
      Please no private messages about your situation.

Comment

Maybe you should give your Mom a chance, What she did to end up in jail must have been bad but consider she served her time and was released. For all you know things could be better and she could have "changed".

Everyone makes mistakes, Even Parents. If you're unhappy with living at home with your Dad, and obviously stirring up your own trouble then maybe things will be better if you give your Mom a chance.

And please do not call your Mom a "crackhead", she is and always will be your Mom. Show a little respect if not Maturity.
        Last edited by FlyinHawk; 10-10-2007, 08:38 PM. Reason: added

Comment

However this turns out for you, give a second thought about this: What if you did something that completely screwed up your life and possiby hurt those who love you the most, and no matter what you did to make things right and get your life back on track, no one was willing to forgive you.

Trust me, you are young now and you may not have had the opportunity to really screw things up. Give it time. Eventually it WILL happen and I bet you'd like to think that the ones you love and or hurt would give you a second chance.
          Don't listen to a word I say because ya know I've gotta be crazy to be a Brown's fan.

Comment

Originally posted by joec
            Depends on the wording of the custody order,yes your brother can petition the court. Talk to a family law attorney in Fla. 5 years no contact could be viewed as abandonment even if she was in Jail. Could also be viewed as best interest of the child. A 21 year old brother can be awarded guardianship by the court.
            JoeC
            Really?

With what money would the brother begin to launch a custody suit for his 16 year old criminally mischievous sister when he is facing a custody suit for his OWN CHILD?

I don't know if you read any of her other threads, but the fact is that she is upset because her father keeps her grounded. Between groundings, she graffittied a building, resulting in fines, community service, and 4 days in a criminal mischief class. Dad has had enough and has decided that maybe the mother can do something wtih her.

If her mother's rights have not been terminated, Dad can send her to live with her mother. Brother has no chance.

This is, of course, assuming that any of what she states is not pure fiction. It started out with a PM telling me that her father was agreeable with the brother having legal guardianship and what would they need to do to make it legal. Then it turned into a completely different story with her multiple threads, from physical abuse, past foster care where she was sexually molested, verbal abuse, recieving a social security check (for some unknown reason to her) which she wanted to continue to recieve if she could live wth her brother, grounding (or, in her words, isolation) her borther's ex girlfriend keeping his child away from him (and we don't even know if it is his child), and text messages and conversations the brother's ex is sending and initiating (and could the girlfriend face any legal consequences for contacting her), vandalism, and now a 'crackhead' for a mother that her father is forcing her to live with.
            Last edited by mommyof4; 10-11-2007, 07:21 AM.
            HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
            (unique up on him)
            (same way)

Comment

Have you even gave your mom a chance to prove to you that she has changed?

Comment

i've given chances. each time she has stolen from me to buy drugs, she attempted to drown my older sis when she was 6 and i'm tired of giving her chances if she take them for granted

Comment

Miltown, it is becoming increasingly more difficult to believe your situations are real.

IF you are being abused (and no, grounding you is not abusing you. You go to school and the library) contact CPS. You have no other options.

None.
                  HOOK 'EM HORNS!!!
                  (unique up on him)
                  (same way)

Comment

ok thank you

Comment

Even if she did really steal from you that was 5 years ago or later, someone going to jail/prison can really change someone. Sometimes it doesn't because those that were first in felt nothing much to live for, but she is a Mother, and she may have very well changed, to ignore the fact that she has been gone from your life for 5 years and is wiling to accept you into her home and her life again is a huge step. Even with someone with your attitude.

And where is your older sister now? Thus far you only mentioned a brother?

Comment

Working...
                      X